Trade deadline coming up... Glenn Dorsey (1 Viewer)

I don't think it's wise to pay that much for a player that may or may not crack the lineup.

I'm not sure Dorsey is a bona fide stud. Reviews are mixed.

At this stage in Dorsey's contract... he'd be getting maybe a few dollars more than Malcolm Jenkins is getting... and Jenkins is the #4 CB. Solid ST contributor... but way down on the depth chart. His shot at starting over Greer and Porter next year are slim, but he could probably get the nickel spot. not slighting MJ at all... just using him to make my point, because I'm glad we got MJ, and I hope he can continue to get better.

Meachem is still the #4 WR on our roster... steadily improving, but he's still behind MC, Devery and Moore. Another 1st rounder that hasn't cracked the starting lineup, and probably won't next year.

That's 2 1st rounders... getting good $$... that may not crack the starting lineup.

If for some reason the Saints were to trade for GD... he may not crazk the starting lineup this year... or he could... but he'd more than likely assume the staring role next offseason, because again... Clancey is getting old, and been banged up. speaking of Clancey... Ayodele is a guy we signed "off the street", and although he's been a solid player I don't know if he's the long-term solution, because he's only starting because Clancey is injured.

Who else do we have there? Hargrove is a 3-Tech that will NOT play NT, and Pressly is another 3-tech, and too small for NT.

I don't know... its fun to discuss, and as much as I'd like to see it happen I'm sure it won't, but a brotha can dream can't he?

:)

Who else do we have there? Hargrove is a 3-Tech that will NOT play NT, and Pressly is another 3-tech, and too small for NT.

I don't know... its fun to discuss, and as much as I'd like to see it happen I'm sure it won't, but a brotha can dream can't he?

Pressly is actually bigger than Dorsey. Pressly is 6-3 301 and Dorsey is 6-1 297.

Dorsey has been bad and KC doesnt want him, why trade for someone who will likely get cut by KC.

Dorsey may be out of place in KC and thats why he hasnt had success but you cant trade anything of value on a chance.

Unfortuneatly, It is true this will probally never happen and it is fun to talk about espically for LSU fans.
I remeber the last 20+ page thread at draft time, last time this subject was brought up... Something to do at work though:ezbill:

Pressly is actually bigger than Dorsey. Pressly is 6-3 301 and Dorsey is 6-1 297.

Dorsey has been bad and KC doesnt want him, why trade for someone who will likely get cut by KC.

Dorsey may be out of place in KC and thats why he hasnt had success but you cant trade anything of value on a chance.

Dorsey weighed 297 when they weighed him a while back... I'm sure he got bigger than 297 to play the nose i a 3-4. And Pressley slimmed up since he was weighed in at 301. The staff even played Pressley at DE in the preseason because of his size.

KC doesn't want him because he's not a 3-4 NT... he played bad last year, but hell so did the rest of the team in KC.

Time will tell... whoever gets him I'll be rooting for him. He's a good kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom