Trade deadline coming up... Glenn Dorsey (1 Viewer)

Dorsey,Merriman,Johnson

wow could the chargers be any much failure!i mean come on one of the nastiest most complete lb in the league.and he is on the trading block.i see a good future in our defense people.merriman for shanle.or derrick johnson man this could be special.and glenn dorsey beside sedrick ellis.man i need to wake up and stop dreaming.:9:

There is no cap next year. That's why these teams are considering these moves now. If they trade Dorsey then they're basically released from the base salary and most of the cap hit because it will be charged for 2010. I guarantee that's why the Browns are trying to move Quinn so quickly.

I can't see where he really would be worth it myself. He mostly disappeared last year. Of course, that may have been due to playing on a bad team to begin with, but I don't see the Saints bringing him in. It's not as if we have been doing poorly on defense.

I think people wanting to bring him in are remembering his days at LSU. That's sort of like basing J. Russell's play on what he did there. Night and day.

So...we've established
1...Dorsey is a bust (I'm not buying this one...)
2...there is no way he's coming to the saints (I'd agree)

So...where does he go?

If I were a GM of a playoff caliber team, I'd consider trading a 1st for him. He deserved being picked at #5, so to trade a #22 or higher...I'd say good deal. Unless of course, he could be had for cheaper...
He's young, healthy (i think), and has tons of potential. I don't believe he's a bellyup fat cat (Johnathon Sullivan...errr...he who shall not be named).

So...where does he go?

So...we've established

So...where does he go?

If I were a GM of a playoff caliber team, I'd consider trading a 1st for him. He deserved being picked at #5, so to trade a #22 or higher...I'd say good deal. Unless of course, he could be had for cheaper...
He's young, healthy (i think), and has tons of potential. I don't believe he's a bellyup fat cat (Johnathon Sullivan...errr...he who shall not be named).

So...where does he go?

dorsey isnt a bust, but what would he bring that we dont already have

playing on a bad team and in a bad system just means he struggles in that situation....but he hasnt done anything spectacular and doesnt offer anything that we dont already possess with the rotation we already use

So...we've established

So...where does he go?

So...where does he go?

Well, several things.

1. I don't think he's a bust. I even think he's an ok player. But that doesn't gurantee he'll be a great player. A lack of success for a bad franchise doesn't gurantee success with a good franchise. So giving up a 1st or even 2nd rounder for him seems fool hardy to me. He may of deserved to be picked at #5 at the time but so have dozens of other players picked high who didn't work out. Past draft status doesn't replicate current value.

Part of me tends to think he could come here and play very well though. I'd try to score him cheap though b/c his value has went down since he was drafted.

2. You say he's not like Sullivan but he did show up to camp this past season well out of shape and was sat out of TC for a while until physically cleared. Take it for what it's worth.

Well, several things.

1. I don't think he's a bust. I even think he's an ok player. But that doesn't gurantee he'll be a great player. A lack of success for a bad franchise doesn't gurantee success with a good franchise. So giving up a 1st or even 2nd rounder for him seems fool hardy to me. He may of deserved to be picked at #5 at the time but so have dozens of other players picked high who didn't work out. Past draft status doesn't replicate current value.

Part of me tends to think he could come here and play very well though. I'd try to score him cheap though b/c his value has went down since he was drafted.

2. You say he's not like Sullivan but he did show up to camp this past season well out of shape and was sat out of TC for a while until physically cleared. Take it for what it's worth.

1. Check his tackles last year, they are comparable to Ellis, actually slightly better,
2. Dorsey has gained some size, and is in better shape this year, the Chief fans seem to think he is steadily improving and might have the most potential on their DL (most do not want to get rid of him). He is going into year 2 away from his knee injury, if that knee checks out he may very well be on the verge of breaking out.
3. I think we should remember Dorsey wasn't just very good in college but downright unblockable before the injury (BTW I am no LSU fan). Dorsey has unbelievable upside if that knee checks out. We could use another DT comparable to Ellis. I am sure GW could find all kinds of was to rotate and maximize the skills of Dorsey, Ellis and Hargrove.
4. Wouldn't it stink if Dorsey went to the Falcons, got back his strength and combined with a Healthy Perry for years to come.

The Seahawks should be on the phone right now.

They've got the pockets and the need.

We are thin at DT... we're so thin that we're playing a DE (Hargrove) at DT. Clancey has an injury that doesn't seem to want to heal (or is he back this week?), and I can't see why adding GD would be such a bad thing.

They said before the season began that Hargrove's move to 3 Tech was permanent and he would rarely play DE. Ellis,Ayodele, Hargove, have done a good job against the run in Clancy's absence.

He's a 3-tech, but he looks to have gained a few since arriving at KC, and he's played the NT spot in the past.

Didn't Dorsey play some NT at LSU? Seems like he did so the transition wouldn't be that big.

Why do people keep saying that we'd "mess things up" by bringing him in? Worst-case senario... he could spell Ayodele until he's fully acclaimated, and even if he doesn't crack the starting lineup this year he can go into camp next year and try to earn the starting spot.

The problem is his contract. You don't think Ayodele, Clancy, Hargrove and heck even Ellis wouldn't be resentful the team traded for the guy and his contract to be their backup? Dorsey was the 5th overall selection and has a contract that reflects that. The DL seems to have good chemistry now why tamper with it by bringing in an overpriced underachiever?

All the guy would be doing is coming in and slide into the rotation. Clancey is 30-something... we'll eventually need to replace him, and why not replace him with a bonafied stud? Forget what he hasn't done at KC. Some guys need a change of scenery, and bring GD home would do wonders for him.

I actually agree with you but can't see it happening because of his massive contract. I think if you gave Dorsey to Bill Johnson he would develop into a monster alongside Ellis. They would be dominant. But like I said his contract plus what the Chiefs will be demanding for him make this impossible

I wasn't a fan of the move when I started the thread, but the more I think about it... the more I think he'd fit here. Him and Sed anchoring our D-line for years to come... man that would be sick.

It would only work on Madden.

I like both players. Derrick Johnson was a monster playing the weakside on a 4-3 allignement in Kansas City. He is having now the same problem Vilma had when their teams changed allignement, and also, I would think it takes on you the constant losing.

Dorsey was the best player coming out of college of his draft class, but more then his ability I would be concern about his health.

Now, about the saints. I think we have gotten into the stage where we have enough depth to consider that seven draft choices won't make the team. At this stage the draft should have two main objectives:

a) To get young players that at some point will get the starting position of veterans who will earn high salary in the market, without being a priority for the saints.

b) To have the flexibility to move around and target specific players.

For that reason, I would not mind trading out of the first or second round, or even to move up and down and get only 4 players we have targeted as ideal picks.

Now, do we need Dorsey and Ellis now? No.

So, in this case, our front office would only consider trading for them if they think that they may not be needed now as starters but as capable young players that can inherit the starting position of a player that may be moving out for a higher salary.

reggie for dorsey..... reggie for dorsey..... reggie for dorsey.... CLAP,CLAP,CLAP....

Worst-case senario... he could spell Ayodele until he's fully acclaimated, and even if he doesn't crack the starting lineup this year he can go into camp next year and try to earn the starting spot.

Clancey is 30-something... we'll eventually need to replace him, and why not replace him with a bonafied stud?

I don't think it's wise to pay that much for a player that may or may not crack the lineup.

I'm not sure Dorsey is a bona fide stud. Reviews are mixed.

reggie for dorsey..... reggie for dorsey..... reggie for dorsey.... CLAP,CLAP,CLAP....

Good trade for us, but I don't think KC would go for it. :hihi:

<TABLE class=datatablecell cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class="datatablehead KCcolors"><TD colSpan=16>Career Stats more </TD></TR><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD rowSpan=2>Season</TD><TD rowSpan=2>Team</TD><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD colSpan=5>Tackles</TD><TD colSpan=6>Interceptions</TD><TD>Fumbles</TD></TR><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Solo</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sck</TD><TD>SFTY</TD><TD>PDef</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lng</TD><TD>TDs</TD><TD>FF</TD></TR><TR class="" onmouseover="this.className='over'" onmouseout="this.className=''"><TD>2009 </TD><TD>Kansas City Chiefs </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>5 </TD><TD>15</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=rowAlt onmouseover="this.className='over'" onmouseout="this.className='rowAlt'"><TD>2008 </TD><TD>Kansas City Chiefs </TD><TD>16 </TD><TD>16 </TD><TD>46</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:jauhnny:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom