Trade deadline coming up... Glenn Dorsey (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like KC just might try to move Glenn Dorsey before the deadline. I've heard in the past that since KC has moved to the 3-4... Dorsey is pretty much useless.

I'm watching Total Access now, and Dorsey's picture came up in the lead-in to the discussion (coming up after the break).

We're a little thin at DT with Clancy's injury... does anybody think Dorsey would be able to help us? Playing close to home may bring out the fire that he played with in Red Shtick...

what do you guys think? I'm not advocating the move... just striking up good discussion.

I think we would all love to have him but we can't fit him with the salary cap. The guy has a huge contract.

How much of our cap room would he eat up (no pun intended)? I'd love to have him but I don't know if we can afford him.

I wonder why KC doesn't try him at end. Seems like he'd be a better 3-4 end than NT.

He's getting better, but still not worth the money. Could he played with renewed passion closer to home? Maybe.

Locomfora (sp?) just said thaqt there wouldn't be any huge cap ramifications (whatever that means... its relative). It would be interesting to see where he goes because in his report he says that he's not in the CHiefs' plans.

Right now we have Ellis & Hargrove at the 3 tech, & Clancy at NT..... Dorsey might be a great addition, but I don't see GW raising hell for him....

Weren't we trying to move up and get him? Honestly, having Dorsey and Ellis would be too good to be true. Having two young, fresh DT's that have the ability to dominate the LOS would be outstanding. Very likely it will not happen, but still cool to think about how much havoc the two could create. From what we have seen in Gregg's schemes, Ellis can play either DT spot in the 4-3 and DT and 3-4, correct? Gregg would find a spot for him, that's for sure.

I know one thing....Atlanta did show interest in the past.....I would hate to see Dorsey end up with the Crows....

Weren't we trying to move up and get him? Honestly, having Dorsey and Ellis would be too good to be true. Having two young, fresh DT's that have the ability to dominate the LOS would be outstanding. Very likely it will not happen, but still cool to think about how much havoc the two could create. From what we have seen in Gregg's schemes, Ellis can play either DT spot in the 4-3 and DT and 3-4, correct? Gregg would find a spot for him, that's for sure.
Me either, but we could always use more talent. It would probably make use better aganist the run. It would depend on who we would have to give up for it. What kind o of Draft picks do we have. KC would want the at least the equilvalent of a 1st round pick. Would Loomis and Peyton give up that much for what comes to a luxury?

Didn't Brees just significantly restructure to free up 2009 cap space? I thought we had between 4 and 5 million. That would be helpful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom