Trade deadline coming up... Glenn Dorsey (1 Viewer)

I'd Love to have Dorsey and/or Johnson but if not I just hope the falcons don't get Dorsey. BTW I still think Dorsey is going to be dominant under the right coaching staff and he has definitely improved this year.

Our 1 is going to be so late I definitely consider a trade, If Brown was healthy we would have possibly a OL we could trade and keep our picks.

I may be alone on this, but I'd rather see what outside linebackers are available. A previous poster said something about Derrick Johnson(friggin' loved watching him at Texas) and Merriman. I wouldn't mind seeing us go after someone like that instead.

But Dorsey has the higher ceiling than those two and would make it impossible to double team Ellis like teams have been doing. While the other guys are pretty much in their prime but only need the right scheme and coach to turn them loose.

Merriman would really cost some $$ because he's in his contract year, and he'll command a huge contract when the seaosn is over.

I'd take Derrick Johnson, but Shanle's ballin now... and we have a couple promising OLBs Cassillas and Arnoux (hopefully) that could also contribute next year.

I think Dorsey would be a GREAT addition... him and Ellis would anchor that interior for years to come.

But it ain't gonna happen. :(

Me either, but we could always use more talent. It would probably make use better aganist the run. It would depend on who we would have to give up for it. What kind o of Draft picks do we have. KC would want the at least the equilvalent of a 1st round pick. Would Loomis and Peyton give up that much for what comes to a luxury?

I seriously doubt KC wants a 1st rounder.....Dorsey has a marginal record at best since he joined the NFL.....and that diminished his stock considerably. At this point they might want a 2nd rounder, and I seriously doubt anybody is interested......a 3rd rounder??.....that might be the right price....

man Dorsey played with such fire in college loved watching that guy play ball. now if we didn't have to give up much i would be all for having him line up next to big Sed.

Yea I feel the same way about draft picks. We have had so few lately. That being said who you gonna give up for him? OLB would be better. But the Saints D is starting to gel.
Don't know if you want to mess that up.

Montgomery might be available from the skins. Williams knows if he'd fit or not but he is a very good run stopper.

I wonder if we could trade Brown for Dorsey, KC could tag Brown the First year and renegotiate a long term deal there after. Brown is what they need a LT but his shelf life is probably limited. I would suspect Brown is worth more than Dorsey maybe Brown and our 2nd for Dorsey and Johnson.

Weren't we trying to move up and get him? Honestly, having Dorsey and Ellis would be too good to be true. Having two young, fresh DT's that have the ability to dominate the LOS would be outstanding. Very likely it will not happen, but still cool to think about how much havoc the two could create. From what we have seen in Gregg's schemes, Ellis can play either DT spot in the 4-3 and DT and 3-4, correct? Gregg would find a spot for him, that's for sure.

Can you imagine? 4 first round picks(W Smith, Grant, Dorsey & Big Sed) with Hargrove, McCrae Clancy for depth.:hihi:

We're not really hurting for an OLB... but if Clancey is slow to come back from his injury we'll have a crater at DT, because the next guy in line is Pressely, who the team was playing at DE in the preseason.

I wonder if we could trade Brown for Dorsey, KC could tag Brown the First year and renegotiate a long term deal there after. Brown is what they need a LT but his shelf life is probably limited. I would suspect Brown is worth more than Dorsey maybe Brown and our 2nd for Dorsey and Johnson.

i want dorsey badd..not not for brown. we would never go after 2, but i would give a 2nd for dorsey or a 3rd and 6th. for the lb's...i dont know

We're not really hurting for an OLB... but if Clancey is slow to come back from his injury we'll have a crater at DT, because the next guy in line is Pressely, who the team was playing at DE in the preseason.

Dorsey would be a great addition, no doubt.....and the critics who say that Dorsey is a bust......so did we say the very same thing about C Grant, & W Smith for the past 2 years.....or until GW came by.....now we see both our DEs kick butt! I bet Dorsey would be a great addition under GW....but I wouldn't discuss any 1st, or 2nd rd pick for him.....a 3 rd pick yes....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom