Trade down???? Are we in Bizarro World? (1 Viewer)

I do NOT disagree. But all things considered... I think we'll try and keep Klein or Kiko and we will have Anzalone and Davis.
LB will definitely be a must next offseason. I think it's just a need right now. Obviously that could change in the next few months.
I hope you’re right. If Alex could stay healthy I’d agree with you. I don’t think he will be able to. And I’d love for us to upgrade Klein.

I hope you’re right. If Alex could stay healthy I’d agree with you. I don’t think he will be able to. And I’d love for us to upgrade Klein.
No question Klein was over-paid, but he has not under-performed if you look at it in context. As a SAM and sometimes MIKE, playing less than 50% of our defensive snaps... He's been great. That's not worth the $5M/yr we paid him, but that does not make him a bad player by any stretch.

No question Klein was over-paid, but he has not under-performed if you look at it in context. As a SAM and sometimes MIKE, playing less than 50% of our defensive snaps... He's been great. That's not worth the $5M/yr we paid him, but that does not make him a bad player by any stretch.

I don’t think he’s a bad player at all. I’d just like us to have a better backer there. I know we can’t have all pros at every position but I think we are too slow at linebacker. (Aside from DD and AA and Alex can’t stay on the field)

I get what you’re implying. Agreed the regular season success has been wonderful. As a 40 year fan this last 15 or so years has been amazing to watch. I’m thankful. But aside from the one bad call, we fold in the playoffs.
Did we fold in Minnesota coming back from 17-0 down in the 2nd toughest place to play? Did we fold in SF when we won the game twice only to have a missed tackle with 40 seconds left? We have had some really bad luck cost at LEAST 2 more rings and one horrendous officiating call cost us another. SP and ML have built a dynasty that will never be seen as such

This is a good year for it to happen because the Saints sit in a good area for a QB needy team to trade back into the 1st round to nab someone. so they can get that 5th year option

Did we fold in Minnesota coming back from 17-0 down in the 2nd toughest place to play? Did we fold in SF when we won the game twice only to have a missed tackle with 40 seconds left? We have had some really bad luck cost at LEAST 2 more rings and one horrendous officiating call cost us another. SP and ML have built a dynasty that will never be seen as such
Missing tackles is not bad luck, especially when it happens over and over and over and over . . . and over

I haven't been impressed with the Saints' ability to trade up and get the appropriate value. Jonathan Sullivan comes to mind, as does Davenport. Davenport has been good when he isn't injured but nowhere near being worth 2 #1 picks. I'm not sure what value they would find by trading down, other than they've made some REALLY nice pickups in later rounds. Marcus Colston, Kamara and MT come to mind.

The Saints traded up for Kamara.

We did come back in Minny. Only to fall short. Is the missed tackle in the San Fran game just to be dismissed?

I agree about this regime, the bad no call and how amazing it’s been under Sean and Mickey. I believe you’re trying to portray me as ungrateful of our success these last 14 years. I am beyond thankful. Been a fan since 80. I’ve seen the truly rough times.

However, that won’t stop me from pointing out truths as I see them. We are soft. Especially in the playoffs. We are anti clutch closing out games. Our offense is stale.

That was a great trade up too. I’m not impressed with us trading up in the first. Also wish we’d not have given the first for MD. I know that will be unpopular but just my opinion.

Anything that goes against Saints front office decisions will have a certain amount of critics...but with each passing year, it is seemingly becoming a more popular decision. Undoubtedly, either Underwill or Deuce, will put out a video showing that Davenport is improving or something. The problem, like Rankins, as that being solid and semi-available isn't good enough for a first round pick. He has a ton to prove. If he looks like he is out of shape again in training camp, I'll be ready to move on. Trey Hendrickson is a solid player...but he should not be running circles around Marcus Davenport next training camp. There is no reason that he shouldn't be a great player...and I wouldn't be surprised if his work ethic and heart are getting in the way. Being a professional football player is a year around job and he needs to start treating it that way.

We did come back in Minny. Only to fall short. Is the missed tackle in the San Fran game just to be dismissed?

I agree about this regime, the bad no call and how amazing it’s been under Sean and Mickey. I believe you’re trying to portray me as ungrateful of our success these last 14 years. I am beyond thankful. Been a fan since 80. I’ve seen the truly rough times.

However, that won’t stop me from pointing out truths as I see them. We are soft. Especially in the playoffs. We are anti clutch closing out games. Our offense is stale.
Just conversation my friend. Different views is all. I think the SF game was the epitome of toughness and not folding. Our best RB Pierre Thomas gets knocked out of the game with a cheap shot concussion. We had 5 fumbles but kept fighting back. We scored with 40 seconds to likely win the game but our idiotic Defense Coordinator decides to go all out blitz leaving Roman Harper one on one with their fastest receiver. I don’t think of that game as folding sorry

Missing tackles is not bad luck, especially when it happens over and over and over and over . . . and over
Well you can choose that view. I choose to value the quality of team we have witnessed for the last decade

Just conversation my friend. Different views is all. I think the SF game was the epitome of toughness and not folding. Our best RB Pierre Thomas gets knocked out of the game with a cheap shot concussion. We had 5 fumbles but kept fighting back. We scored with 40 seconds to likely win the game but our idiotic Defense Coordinator decides to go all out blitz leaving Roman Harper one on one with their fastest receiver. I don’t think of that game as folding sorry

Absolutely. I always strive to see the viewpoint of others. And I should clarify, I mean soft as in the last few seasons. I agree with you wholeheartedly on that 2011 team and San Fran game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom