Trade Down in this mock draft (1 Viewer)

Treybad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

Mock Draft has us trading the 24th pick with Carolina for their 38th pick, 69th pick and the 152 pick

Not a bad trade down but hate its a division rival and the picks they make in this mock or head scratcher's

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
I do wonder if Washington would draft Tua and trade Haskins.

I think the move that the Cards (trading away Rosen a year after drafting him with the 10th pick) and the Dolphins (trading away Fitzpatrick a year after drafting him 11th) made could be a canary in the coal mine, and this could become a new norm in the league.

SuperKid

Time for change
Reaction score
That's a ridiculous trade scenario from that NFL.com writer, Carolina just purged about half the starters from their Roster.. they need picks to replenish the roster.

and not only that but he has them taking a D-linemen who is by all accounts projected to go Day 3.. I know Rhule would probably reach for him as Lynch is probably his favorite player from Baylor... but no way even he reaches for him in the First; after trading assets to move up...

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score

Mock Draft has us trading the 24th pick with Carolina for their 38th pick, 69th pick and the 152 pick

Not a bad trade down but hate its a division rival and the picks they make in this mock or head scratcher's
Please dear God make this happen.

With so many receivers in the draft you'll get one in the second round and hopefully get a LB with the other pick. Or visa versa.

Pensacola

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Love to see us trade back and snatch an extra pic or two. Lot of very good, mid-round players at positions where we need depth. But, that’s not happening. A cat can’t change it’s stripes and we ain’t the Pats ... I picture us giving up our third and our 2021 second to move up into the back end of round two. Just seems like something we do. So for those wishful thinkers out there, wanting us to trade back, forget about it.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, glad I won't have to waste my time reading that

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When is the last time we traded down? We probably won’t this year either. We’re more likely to give up one of next years picks moving up. That’s what our recent history has been.

Saint Kamara

Reaction score
When is the last time we traded down? We probably won’t this year either. We’re more likely to give up one of next years picks moving up. That’s what our recent history has been.
I don't think we ever have under Payton.

At least not in the first three rounds that I remember.

Last edited:

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Those 2006 trade downs didn't work out too badly either:

(#34), choice traded to Cleveland for C Jeff Faine and the Browns' second-round pick (#43)

With the 43rd pick, the Saints selected Roman Harper.

(#99) choice traded to Philadelphia for Eagles' fourth-round pick (#108) and DT Hollis Thomas)

With the 108th pick, the Saints selected Jahri Evans.

Pretty solid dividends.

Saint Kamara

Reaction score
Those 2006 trade downs didn't work out too badly either:

(#34), choice traded to Cleveland for C Jeff Faine and the Browns' second-round pick (#43)

With the 43rd pick, the Saints selected Roman Harper.

(#99) choice traded to Philadelphia for Eagles' fourth-round pick (#108) and DT Hollis Thomas)

With the 108th pick, the Saints selected Jahri Evans.

Pretty solid dividends.
Not a trade down in the traditional sense of attaining more draft picks, but yeah those were masterful moves.

cajunrevenge

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Wow that would be a great trade considering who is still available at this picks. Ruiz, Fulton, Delpit at 38 would be great. I really like CB Damon Arnette and WR Michael Pittman Jr who are picked shortly after our last third round pick. Give me Fulton, Arnette, and Pittman JR and I am good with that. Will be a lot easier to pay Lattimore/Marcus Williams when we have 2 good young a cheap corners to balance them out. Would be the best depth in the secondary we have ever had.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Not a trade down in the traditional sense of attaining more draft picks, but yeah those were masterful moves.
I see your point. Luckily I don't think either of us wants to get into a semantic debate about what a 'trade down' is.

I think what I can take away from those moves, however is that we wanted more players than the picks we had AND identified good players who would be available later than our slotted pick. The latter being, for me, how Baltimore have operated so astutely for years now. Know the market and pay later in the draft order for the talent you want, if you possibly can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom