Trade Down in this mock draft (1 Viewer)

Not a trade down in the traditional sense of attaining more draft picks, but yeah those were masterful moves.
I see your point. Luckily I don't think either of us wants to get into a semantic debate about what a 'trade down' is.

I think what I can take away from those moves, however is that we wanted more players than the picks we had AND identified good players who would be available later than our slotted pick. The latter being, for me, how Baltimore have operated so astutely for years now. Know the market and pay later in the draft order for the talent you want, if you possibly can.

I would love to see a trade down to acquire more picks. Right now if, & that's a big if, everyone is healthy the starting 22 is set. This team needs depth at LB, DB, G, & WR. I don't see a started being selected at #24 unless someone falls. WR are notorious for being unreliable in their rookie year. There are exceptions of course but I wouldn't bet on it.

Jaylon Johnson is LEGIT! That would be a really good pick for us. Okwara as a developmental EDGE, TE Albert O as mismatch monster, & WR Colin Johnson would be an absolute haul! Jaylon Johnson is particular would be mega. He’s one of draft darlings. Either way, I am hoping for a trade down of some sorts.

Love to see us trade back and snatch an extra pic or two. Lot of very good, mid-round players at positions where we need depth. But, that’s not happening. A cat can’t change it’s stripes and we ain’t the Pats ... I picture us giving up our third and our 2021 second to move up into the back end of round two. Just seems like something we do. So for those wishful thinkers out there, wanting us to trade back, forget about it.
Dang you realism!!!

I traded down in my second PFN Mock Sim and can easily declare that I am a genius!! HAH! I do hope everyone is happy and you are most welcome!

NO
39.Kristian Fulton
CB LSU
trade icon
NO
56.Zack Baun
OLB Wisconsin
trade icon
NO
88.Devin Duvernay
WR Texas
NO
130.Shane Lemieux
G Oregon
NO
169.Antoine Brooks Jr.
S Maryland
NO
173.Lavert Hill
CB Michigan
trade icon
NO
203.Raequan Williams
DT Michigan State
NO
227.Malcolm Perry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom