Trade down? (1 Viewer)

Saints 1 + Ivory to the jets for their 1 and their 7

Tavon Austin may be the key to a trade where the Saints trade down.

There are three teams with extra picks that may have an interest in trading up to 15. St. Louis at 16 might be willing to give a three to trade up one spot. Minnesota and San Francisco are the other two teams that might be looking to trade up to 15.

I would take Austin and let drew play a video game with colston, Moore, Austin, and Morgan.... Sproles and graham as well.

If I am not mistaken Loomis makes a living on the post-draft free agents.

Next season is shaping up to be epic.

Tavon Austin may be the key to a trade where the Saints trade down.

There are three teams with extra picks that may have an interest in trading up to 15. St. Louis at 16 might be willing to give a three to trade up one spot. Minnesota and San Francisco are the other two teams that might be looking to trade up to 15.

Agreed. IMO, Austin is a potential game changer and the ONLY player at 15 that teams will try to break to door down to get! If he's not there, its gonna be harder for us to move down, and even if we do, we wont get that 2nd rd pick we're looking for.

I would take Austin and let drew play a video game with colston, Moore, Austin, and Morgan.... Sproles and graham as well.

If I am not mistaken Loomis makes a living on the post-draft free agents.

Next season is shaping up to be epic.

Hold that thought! :9:

Here's the deal, if there is a true playmaker available at 15, offensive or defensive, the Saints should select that person. This team isn't terribly short on talent, it's short on game changers. If that person isn't there, then move down if its an option.

Me personally, i'd rather have a dollar more than a quarter and two dimes.

Here's a problem with the deal - our FO thought Sedrick Ellis was such a "playmaker" that they actually traded up for him. Now I'm not saying there are no players worth the #15th pick in the draft. Of course there are. I'm saying that your black and white concept that they somehow standout a mile for everyone to see and it's simply a case of calling their name doesn't seem to be born out our drafting history.

If an option, I'd rather see the Saints trade back and pick up more tickets for the raffle. That way, even if our intended "playmaker" doesn't pan out we get a second shot at it.

I would like to trade down. Possibly with the 9ers who have the 31st and 34th pick we would be able to get a tank, Margus hunt who might quite possibly be the biggest impact player in the ladder half of the first or early second. And with the other pick you get mathieu. And with our third we get barret jones or Ryan swope.

31 and 34 would be a nice haul, and it'd be even better to pick up a 4th or a 5th for ivory to add another player in the mix.

at 31 you can have your pick of safety, maybe DE, maybe corner..maybe even receiver. Then at 34 you can address one of those areas again.

IMO, if he's there in the 3rd, they're taking Brandon Williams at nose tackle. That's all I feel comfortable about in this draft for the Saints.

I sign on just to post one more time my feelings about JARVIS JONES. Even if I have to eat crow it will be worth it and I WILL enjoy it.....But I want everyone on SR to know I wouldn't pick him if he were the ONLY player on the board. His health issues are huge and his lack of power and use of his hands make him a lower round pick to me......NOT a game changer as many of you have labeled him. His greatest asset is his speed and recent 40 times prove he isn't fast at ALL! Maybe thats due to his physical problems?

I sign on just to post one more time my feelings about JARVIS JONES. Even if I have to eat crow it will be worth it and I WILL enjoy it.....But I want everyone on SR to know I wouldn't pick him if he were the ONLY player on the board. His health issues are huge and his lack of power and use of his hands make him a lower round pick to me......NOT a game changer as many of you have labeled him. His greatest asset is his speed and recent 40 times prove he isn't fast at ALL! Maybe thats due to his physical problems?

Jarvis Jones' greatest asset is his speed?! Have you ever seen him play? His greatest asset is his motor and football instincts. As it happens I also think he will struggle against NFL Tackles but if you think his biggest weapon is speed I'd suggest you go back and watch some tape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom