Trade for Minshew (1 Viewer)

He’s an UFA after the season. Wouldn’t make sense to trade for him with Winston/Dalton on the team. Whether or not we have a successful season with those two, we are committed to them through the season.
Good post. If that’s the case ride out the season and go get him and spend all the free agency money on other pieces

Zack Mettenberger
zach-mettenberger-booger.gif

This, go watch him throw a ball, he’s pin point accurate, a leader, and all locker room guys respect him. He’s a poor man’s Brees. Not the tallest, super accurate, demands respect and people follow him. His teamates rally behind him, they want him to succeed and e en try harder for him when he’s on the field, that’s the guy I want. Give him an actual receiving corps for once and he would be incredible.

Dude literally looked fantastic with the freaking jags…

Yeah, he's accurate and with the right offense/weapons he'd probably average over 70% completion rate. He's also not that small at 6'1" 225lbs, he's bigger than quite a few current QBs.

Yeah, he's accurate and with the right offense/weapons he'd probably average over 70% completion rate. He's also not that small at 6'1" 225lbs, he's bigger than quite a few current QBs.
That would be a top percentage rate in the league, higher than Stanford and mahomes

If he came cheap enough or they’d give us him for Jameis in a trade, try another QB because it’s obvious that Jameis is not a starting caliber QB.

I like Minshew, but I just don't think it's realistic at the QB position for him to come in and pick up our offense and be effective. And plus Philly looks like it's a serious team with aspirations, so I don't think they're going to just let off of their backup QB mid-season for the lulz of it. With Hurts playstyle, injury possibility is very real. They're holding onto Minshew.

Minshew not bad IMO. Probably should’ve asked for him rather than a garbage 5th rd pick for Ceedy.

Still P'Oed about that Ceedy trade. They should’ve just kept him inactive all season rather than take a garbage pick that won’t even make the roster.
Man me too. Losing Ceedy crushed me as a fan. I think it had an impact on our defense too. The swag that has been there for the past few years doesn't seem to be there. Business or not, I know they weren't happy about it. They are a close knit group that had a lot of success together. Losing Marcus, Malcolm, Ceedy & Kwon is a lot. Especially with the Ceedy lost being unexpected and right before the start of the season. I remember Demario's interview and he looked deflated.

As far as Minshew goes, I just don't see DA mortgaging his future as a coach there. If Jameis doesn't pan out, his next move at QB could make or break his tenure as our coach.

Why is it only failed caucasian QB that's gets these threads?

Baker
Minshew
Jimmy G

I'd like to see a Trade for Bridgewater thread. Lol
I’d take Bridgewater now too, but Minshew is more aggressive. But not as aggressive as Winston, so Minshews style is kind of in between the two.

I like Minshew, but I just don't think it's realistic at the QB position for him to come in and pick up our offense and be effective. And plus Philly looks like it's a serious team with aspirations, so I don't think they're going to just let off of their backup QB mid-season for the lulz of it. With Hurts playstyle, injury possibility is very real. They're holding onto Minshew.
I agree. Payton should’ve tried to get Minshew last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom