Trade for Minshew (1 Viewer)

We had a ton of leverage with the gardner Johnson trade and should have gotten them to include him.

Someone should have told Mickey that. As it stands we get a rotten 5th and 7th while giving them back a 6th.

Yep, for that price I would have just kept him inactive for the year and got a comp pic for him.

Is that a trick question?
No, not at all. Everything that I have seen about Garoppolo's ethnicity is that he is from Italian ancestry, along with German & Polish on his mother's side. His grandparents were Italian immigrants. That's how his describes himself in interviews as coming from a very close knit Italian family. Both his parents are white and both sets of grandparents are white. Did you read or see somewhere that he is black or partially black, like Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick or Halle Berry? Also, it isn't important to me if he black or white. But if he did have some black ancestors somewhere in his DNA wouldn't he be biracial?

No, not at all. Everything that I have seen about Garoppolo's ethnicity is that he is from Italian ancestry, along with German & Polish on his mother's side. His grandparents were Italian immigrants. That's how his describes himself in interviews as coming from a very close knit Italian family. Both his parents are white and both sets of grandparents are white. Did you read or see somewhere that he is black or partially black, like Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick or Halle Berry? Also, it isn't important to me if he black or white. But if he did have some black ancestors somewhere in his DNA wouldn't he be biracial?
You are making this more than what it is. I'm done talking about it.

We had a ton of leverage with the gardner Johnson trade and should have gotten them to include him.

Is the likelihood of them reading him high? No, but coming up with theoretical trade ideas that are possible is fun, what I consider a low IQ football fan is one who is watching the game and is constantly saying do this or do that or this player messed up or that player messed up when they can’t even tell you the difference between a cover 3 or cover 4. Or the difference between a 3 tech or 5 tech, or the difference between a 4-3 over or under. After spending numerous years on this board these are the majority of the posters.

A better thread title would have been find a way to get Minshew instead of trade for him, since he will be a FA

Sure, I'm all about looking into him next year if it gets to that.

You're 100% wrong about the Chauncey trade. We had absolutely zero leverage, we were calling around looking to dump him. They'd NEVER have gotten off of their backup QB a week before the season. We weren't getting an ounce more than what we got. You dropping football terms is cool, I know what all of that means, but if you don't understand that we had 0 leverage with Chauncey then you do not understand football works as a business. That was not anywhere close to being realistic option.

I think Bridgewater was more of a product of Payton, he was terrible in Denver.
I don’t know, Russell Wilson looks terrible in Denver as well. And right now I would actually rather have Teddy over Russell, Jimmy G or Baker Mayfield or Justin Fields - if Winston doesn’t work out and the Saints need a “bridge-ish” QB.

Teddy looked good in our system. He wasn’t bad in Carolina, especially considering that CMac missed that whole season essentially and Rhule was just as much of a turd then as he is now.

Teddy has a ceiling for sure, but it’s acceptable and his floor is very high in this system.

I don’t know, Russell Wilson looks terrible in Denver as well. And right now I would actually rather have Teddy over Russell, Jimmy G or Baker Mayfield or Justin Fields - if Winston doesn’t work out and the Saints need a “bridge-ish” QB.

Teddy looked good in our system. He wasn’t bad in Carolina, especially considering that CMac missed that whole season essentially and Rhule was just as much of a turd then as he is now.

Teddy has a ceiling for sure, but it’s acceptable and his floor is very high in this system.
Teddy wasn't bad in Denver. People always have this mindset that they are a "QB away" but anyone that looked at Denver play last season would know that they needed a lot of things. Funny enough, Teddy would be perfect for the offense that they are running now.

Teddy wasn't bad in Denver. People always have this mindset that they are a "QB away" but anyone that looked at Denver play last season would know that they needed a lot of things. Funny enough, Teddy would be perfect for the offense that they are running now.
Man that is exactly what I’m saying. Denver has an organizational problem and because they are a name franchise, their talent and overall franchise always get overplayed.

I will admit that Teddy is not as good a fit in some systems compared to others, but I think he is a good fit for what it appears Dennis Allen and Pete Carmichael are trying to do.

Sure, I'm all about looking into him next year if it gets to that.

You're 100% wrong about the Chauncey trade. We had absolutely zero leverage, we were calling around looking to dump him. They'd NEVER have gotten off of their backup QB a week before the season. We weren't getting an ounce more than what we got. You dropping football terms is cool, I know what all of that means, but if you don't understand that we had 0 leverage with Chauncey then you do not understand football works as a business. That was not anywhere close to being realistic option.
We had CGJ under contract. It was his contract year. Let him play, ball out, and then walk. Get a better comp pick than what we received in that trade. If he pulls a leveon, you have him under contract until he plays. The leverage was his contract. As expected, defense lost a lot of swag without CGJ. He wasn’t going to not play hard in a contract year.
However, I agree we lost trade leverage with the timing of it. That was a bad move by the front office. If going to trade him, do it pre-FA/draft when the market is hot.
Hindsight is 20/20 for our QB situation, but eagles would have been foolish to not trade minshew for CGJ if that’s what we demanded. One of the best starting nickel CBs for a backup

We had CGJ under contract. It was his contract year. Let him play, ball out, and then walk. Get a better comp pick than what we received in that trade. If he pulls a leveon, you have him under contract until he plays. The leverage was his contract. As expected, defense lost a lot of swag without CGJ. He wasn’t going to not play hard in a contract year.
However, I agree we lost trade leverage with the timing of it. That was a bad move by the front office. If going to trade him, do it pre-FA/draft when the market is hot.
Hindsight is 20/20 for our QB situation, but eagles would have been foolish to not trade minshew for CGJ if that’s what we demanded. One of the best starting nickel CBs for a backup
What is it with the obsession some people have with CGJ? He was a decent player who played extremely well in his specific role, but he's not irreplaceable. And as for "swag", that can be attributed to Cam, DD, and Lattimore as much as CGJ. Let's also not forget we have Honey Badger now. His impact may not be seen on the stat sheet just yet but there should be no doubt that dude has respect in the locker-room and is back there making calls in the secondary

What is it with the obsession some people have with CGJ? He was a decent player who played extremely well in his specific role, but he's not irreplaceable. And as for "swag", that can be attributed to Cam, DD, and Lattimore as much as CGJ. Let's also not forget we have Honey Badger now. His impact may not be seen on the stat sheet just yet but there should be no doubt that dude has respect in the locker-room and is back there making calls in the secondary
I'm not sure what obsession you're referring to, but, if you read my post, it clearly explains my position. It was a bad trade, particularly bad timing. In case you missed it, this thread is about a potential trade with the eagles. Our last trade with the eagles was CGJ. Discussing it does not amount to obsession. Also, you think CGJ was just "decent" but played "extremely well"? That's a bit contradicting. CGJ was very good. I'm aware of the players we have on defense, but, as for swag, you can clearly see it has taken a hit this year. And nobody is saying Honey Badger isn't playing well. He is not only playing a different role, but a different position

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom