Trade for Minshew (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure what obsession you're referring to, but, if you read my post, it clearly explains my position. It was a bad trade, particularly bad timing. In case you missed it, this thread is about a potential trade with the eagles. Our last trade with the eagles was CGJ. Discussing it does not amount to obsession. Also, you think CGJ was just "decent" but played "extremely well"? That's a bit contradicting. CGJ was very good. I'm aware of the players we have on defense, but, as for swag, you can clearly see it has taken a hit this year. And nobody is saying Honey Badger isn't playing well. He is not only playing a different role, but a different position

Why do we have to rehash this trade in every thread? He was kicked off the team and we got 2 picks in doing so, well 1 pick net since we also gave a pick. That is better than keeping him around. Not a single player came out to his defense, that shouts that this was a team who wanted him gone, both players/FO.

Why do we have to rehash this trade in every thread? He was kicked off the team and we got 2 picks in doing so, well 1 pick net since we also gave a pick. That is better than keeping him around. Not a single player came out to his defense, that shouts that this was a team who wanted him gone, both players/FO.
Again, in case you missed it, this thread is about a potential trade with the eagles. Our last trade with the eagles was CGJ. Bringing it up in this particular thread is not rehashing in every thread. Maybe you have beef with someone else, but it isn't me.

How often do players openly come out and attack their front office about a trade? There was an interview with davis where he appeared deflated and I recall some players deleting saints info on social media after the trade. Not sure what you're looking for. I also haven't seen a single source say he was "kicked off the team"

Again, in case you missed it, this thread is about a potential trade with the eagles. Our last trade with the eagles was CGJ. Bringing it up in this particular thread is not rehashing in every thread. Maybe you have beef with someone else, but it isn't me.

How often do players openly come out and attack their front office about a trade? There was an interview with davis where he appeared deflated and I recall some players deleting saints info on social media after the trade. Not sure what you're looking for. I also haven't seen a single source say he was "kicked off the team"

What else would you call it when he became toxic towards the FO and then shipped out immediately? That's kicked off, they just happened to be able to work a trade before having to take more extreme measures.

What else would you call it when he became toxic towards the FO and then shipped out immediately? That's kicked off, they just happened to be able to work a trade before having to take more extreme measures.
I call it what it is, a trade. All anyone can do is speculate as to what actually happened behind the scenes

There are reports out there, if you chose not to believe them that's on you.
What have you shown me to say I'm choosing to not believe it? Am I supposed to just take your word for it? Everything I've seen was speculation. Yeah we can assume the relationship soured. When? What actually happened? How long had this been going on? But he was not "kicked off the team". He was traded. Players clash with coaches all the time. Good coaches handle it appropriately

Last edited:
Minshew’s a scrappy blood & guts player. I wish we wouldve/couldve traded for him after last season. Sadly, i think its too late to make that move.

I'm not sure what obsession you're referring to, but, if you read my post, it clearly explains my position. It was a bad trade, particularly bad timing. In case you missed it, this thread is about a potential trade with the eagles. Our last trade with the eagles was CGJ. Discussing it does not amount to obsession. Also, you think CGJ was just "decent" but played "extremely well"? That's a bit contradicting. CGJ was very good. I'm aware of the players we have on defense, but, as for swag, you can clearly see it has taken a hit this year. And nobody is saying Honey Badger isn't playing well. He is not only playing a different role, but a different position
No it's not contradictory at all. His role for the team was as a slot corner, which he played very well, but he's not a lockdown corner or ball-hawking free safety. I know slot CBs are basically considered starters now but how much money in cap space should a team dedicate to that when other players at key positions are coming up for negotiating new contracts? No team can afford to pay everyone big contracts, sometimes good players get cut or traded because of salary cap limitations. CGJ also didn't do himself any favors by being a malcontent when the team didn't want to meet his contract demands.

No it's not contradictory at all. His role for the team was as a slot corner, which he played very well, but he's not a lockdown corner or ball-hawking free safety. I know slot CBs are basically considered starters now but how much money in cap space should a team dedicate to that when other players at key positions are coming up for negotiating new contracts? No team can afford to pay everyone big contracts, sometimes good players get cut or traded because of salary cap limitations. CGJ also didn't do himself any favors by being a malcontent when the team didn't want to meet his contract demands.
Salary cap concerns are considered with every position. That doesn’t change CGJ being one of the best slot CBs who brought a lot to our defense

We had a ton of leverage with the gardner Johnson trade and should have gotten them to include him.

Is the likelihood of them reading him high? No, but coming up with theoretical trade ideas that are possible is fun, what I consider a low IQ football fan is one who is watching the game and is constantly saying do this or do that or this player messed up or that player messed up when they can’t even tell you the difference between a cover 3 or cover 4. Or the difference between a 3 tech or 5 tech, or the difference between a 4-3 over or under. After spending numerous years on this board these are the majority of the posters.

A better thread title would have been find a way to get Minshew instead of trade for him, since he will be a FA
The problem with us getting him in the trade is the front office did not see that as a need at the time. They were sold on a healthy Jamis and think of Dalton as an upgrade over all we had last year. To of ask for Minshew in that trade would of run shockwaves through our team. I honestly think they thought they would get Book back on the practice squad.

and for the Bridgewater crowd, he ain’t going no where. Wishing for him back is as bad as wanting your old fling back after you cheated on her. He’s moved on just like she did! Is over with, give up the wish.

Why is it only failed caucasian QB that's gets these threads?

Baker
Minshew
Jimmy G

I'd like too see a Trade for Bridgewater thread. Lol
Since he left, this forum sometimes acts as a shrine to the greatness of Bridgewater, which never was. If anyone gets over exaggerated praise here, it’s Teddy. After completing a pass or two the other night after Tua was hurt, the narrative was in full swing here.

Last edited:
Yeah but the average low IQ football fan on here isn’t gonna see it like that. Not surprised, why I only come on here once in a blue moon. Most of the good posters are gone
Well, thank you oh so much for gracing us with your presence. You can crawl back under your rock now.

The problem, which I saw from the get go, is there are a lot of players who are so high on JW in the locker room. When he joined the team, players were so excited and hyped up on him. Players really like him and his "potential". I've heard some musings in the organization that the locker room isn't as high as it was previously, but to not lose the locker room Winston basically has to play himself out of the starting line-up. The organization and DA has painted them selves into a corner in a way.

Winston always ends up with a valid excuse...new coach/system, being held back, injury, etc.

Trading for a potential starter replacement would shred the locker room. The safest bet is trying "in-house" and if Dalton or Hill step up HARD and it shows Winston not being capable (when healthy and if gets back on field this season) then the players know the deal. You have to, unfortunately, let Winston's play (when healed up) show up against our in house backups. If he never gets healthy, then you have the excuse of health issue/injury prone to move on. It is a stickier situation than if Winston really is good enough or not. Players like Dalton and REALLY respect and like Hill. DA and the staff have created their own issues. Locker room favoritism is a thing and if many feel he still wasn't given a chance, those players have a mindset. Yes, business is business, but can cause strife behind the scenes.

Cam is a HIGH on JW, for example. If his play truly shows he just isn't ready for prime time and hurting the team, that is another story in the locker room. If our backups shine over him or rally our offense, it is what it is. Winning cures all, but has to be "in house" to salvage the locker room.

Going outside the organization also belittles the trust of players here, which the staff picked and shows lack of confidence in their own decisions. Slippery slope.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom