Trade for Sheppard by swapping 1st!!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
<b>"Keep in mind they still have cornerback Lito Sheppard to use as trade bait and move up in the draft -- which they might have to in order to secure the player they want." </b>

<b>"Picking in the No. 10 spot probably means they will miss on Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey if they stay put. A personnel director from another team told me he feels the drop-off to the next group of tackles is significant. Do the Saints move up for one of the big guys or do they move down"</b>

Trade for Lito and #19 pick and give them #10

HMMMM....

Linkage: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jses...0d5d80725350&template=with-video&confirm=true

Stay put is what I say. Dorsey or Ellis will be there. At worst, one will be on the board at #8. I would much rather trade up and grab one of those players at #8 than to trade back to #19. I would not mind adding Sheppard but I would much rather do so by trading a second this year or next. In fact, I would offer a third and the swap of our seconds for Sheppard but not the #10 pick. If we are patient, we will get an impact player at #10.

Last edited:
If that is remotely a possibly, hell yeah. Drop to 19 and still pick up another corner.

Edit: if Dorsey or Ellis is not there at 10. I don't want to trade up for them.

Yeah, it sounds like a great idea IF the Eagles would agree to something like that - which they would not. Now if we offered an extra later pick or some kind of extra compensation, I'd love to see that happen

it all hinges on whether or not 1 of the 2 tackles are available.

maybe it's possible to hold off on pulling the trigger on a lito trade until after the bengals have made their selection. if dorsey or ellis is there, we rush to the podium. if not, we drop back and take lito.

i am assuming dorsey and ellis will both be gone, thus i would be thrilled with lito & #19

of course, this all depends on who the eagles are targeting. do they want a DT as well?

Stay put is what I say.

Totally agree, there is no need to trade up or down until draft day.

I am always more for trading down then up, but I wonder how much it will cost us if we decide to trade up with the following teams:

To #5 with Kansas, it is very likely that Jake Long will be gone and the chiefs may be willing to trade down.

To #7 with the pats, they are always moving and possibly will be interested if Gholston and C. Long are gone.

To #8 with Baltimore, chances are they may get the guy they want at 10 too, so trading down is a possibility.

The chart value may give us an idea, but also the cost of opportunity. What I mean is Baltimore, for example, may be willing to accept less then chart value if they know they can pick the guy they want at number 10.

As for trading down, I think teams interested in drafting an offensive tackle and running back may be interested to jump to our spot. Chicago certainly will be interested in running back, I would not be surprised if the panthers want an offensive tackle, so the saints and bills spots may be ideal places to trade up.

I'd definitely make that trade. You could still probably get Kentwan Balmer at 19 and possibly even Rivers. So you come out of the first round with Sheppard and Balmer/Rivers...that is a successful draft.

If you move up, you likely lose your second round pick and you end up with Dorsey or Ellis and nothing else until the 4th round. We have more needs than that. We need another TE (for the future, EJ will not be back after this season), a CB (Lito would solve this), a young OLB, a DT, possibly a safety, a young QB with tools (sorry Palko), and maybe even a young power runner. If we trade up we fill one of those needs and maybe one more later in the draft (likely TE).

If we stay put, we probably get 3 good players. If we trade back with Philly, we could get 4.

Other thing, I am not sure if the eagles would be willing to trade up, their biggest needs are linebacker and receiver, and I think they can get good value at their current position. It seems to me that it is more attractive for them to get extra picks for Lito than to trade up.

Take it and get Laws at #19. CB has been addressed rather well, so we have DT and LB left as the main needs. Laws at #19 and Lofton in the 2nd.

Sheppard, Laws and Lofton on the first day of the draft would be schaweeet!

I'd like that. We could still get one of the best corners or if Kenny Phillips drops to us.

Again, it seems to me that it is more attractive for the eagles to grab extra draft picks then to trade up. Look at their depth chart and needs. There is not much difference in what they can get at the receiver, linebacker or even running back position at 10 then at 19.

If I was them, I would be more interesting in getting extra picks, not trading up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom