Trade idea??? (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score
This may not go over well here, but what do you guys think about trading back with Minnesota to #23 and getting Percy harvin? He could be that deep threat and another weapon on our potent offense. The difference in the points would equate to the 55th pick.

we don't need a WR, but yes to trading back I don't care who it is with

we do need a good young wr, the draft is full of them, we really need a large one to replace colston (old, injury prone), but with speed, that could be a #1, our receivers were not getting separation last year, might be getting a step slow with age

If we do anything involving getting a WR with out first pick one year after fielding the worst defense of all time I am turning the TV off for the season.

Trade back, but not for Harvin. I picture him as more of a possesion guy like Lance Moore... Not a DEEP threat....

Harvin is not at all a possession receiver, he's a playmaker in both the passing and return game. I'd love to have him here, for the right price.

If the deal was to move back just 8 spots (where Banks, Trufant and Elam are still very likely to be available) and pick him up in the process, I'd probably do it. My question though, is why would Minnesota?

I'm anxious/interested to see our young guys develop (Morgan, Toon etc)
but I agree with the above - we have the nfl's best offense and worse defense - why on gods green earth would we pursue offends hard (outside of OT) this offseason?

Darren Sproles is our Percy Harvin. They line him up in the backfield an motion him out to the slot. He's us their first option in the screen game. He rushes from the wr position and as a RB.

The saints already have that player.

Plus, no team initiates a trade back. It would devalue their draft position. That's why on draft day no trades are made with teams that aren't on the clock. Once a team is about 2 picks away they start tacking phone calls from other teams about trade offers. So to get Harvin, te Saints would've have to hope that a player is around that te Vikings want and te Vikings are willing to call up the team and send one of the best playmakers in the league to a team in the same conference.

This may not go over well here, but what do you guys think about trading back with Minnesota to #23 and getting Percy harvin? He could be that deep threat and another weapon on our potent offense. The difference in the points would equate to the 55th pick.

I have to ask: Is this a joke? The Saints have too many effective players on offense already. Yes, fast receivers are great to watch, and the Saints do love to stretch the field. But did you see Joseph Morgan this past season? He averaged 37.9 yards per catch. If that's not stretching the field, I'm not sure what is. True, he didn't catch but 10 balls, but he was very part-time in 2012. He has the speed to be a great #2 receiver behind Colston, and he has good hands as well. The Saints also have Toon, who was on IR last season. Frankly, I think the Saints need to divest themselves of some offensive players (they carry more RBs than any other team, I believe) to make cap room for some good defensive players.

What the Saints need is a great OLB who can rush the passer from a 3-4 alignment. The Saints have some players who might be able to play well from that spot, but they haven't proven themselves yet. It's amazing how good the Saints' DBs will become if there's a good pass rush.

It doesn't matter how good the offense is, if the defense stinks, there will be no SB trophies added to the one they currently have. Last season proves that beyond any doubt.

BINGO! The guy is always out of games....no thanks.

He's actually missed very few with migraines

The fact that he was kicked out of Virginia HS athletics, choke slammed a coach at Florida and was reportedly seperated from coaches more than once in minny.... AND is due a contract, makes it a ridiculous conversation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom