Trade scenario for watson (2 Viewers)

Wow. MT13 had ONE SINGLE average (or below average) game as a Saint.

His ability to create separation probably extended Brees' career by at least a year. Maybe Brees made Thomas in his first year, but MT definitely returned the favor.

Would I be open to trading him? Sure, but not because I think he is done. Whatever is best for the team. I believe, however, that along with AK41 he is one of our most dynamic competitors.

You realized his camp leaked his request of wanting to be traded, right?

Why the hell would the Saints Media, on their own platform, ask a player such question on his first week back from being suspended if there weren't any truth behind it?

Last edited:
I want Watson here but we need Thomas and AK here with him to make the package work. I think we also need another TE. I love Cook but this year has me willing to part and find someone else. Also, Kwon Alexander coming back next year makes this defense stronger.

I am oddly calm after this loss but still upset. This team KNOWS how to upset its fanbase.

Houston would jump all over that. That's a heck of an overpayment.

Watson isn't the answer. Hopefully we draft a qb. Winston will likely get a shot next season at the helm.

Please for the love of God, not Winston. He wasn't the answer at TB; he's not the answer here.

Winstons not on contract. That’s not enough for DeShaun unless herefuses to play or something.
Well they just reported on ESPN that multiple sources within the Texans organization say that Watson is "done" with the organization. Its ESPN so take it with a grain of salt. He also has a no trade clause so he can dictate where he wants to go. Its an interesting situation.

What package is beating a package of Winston and MT? Forget whether this is even financially possible. Is there any team that has a quarterback they'd be willing to trade better than Winston right now?

1. We can't trade Winston because he isn't under contract.

2. No one wanted Winston last offseason, which is why we got him for close to a vet. minimum deal.

So, yeah. Plenty of teams would offer more for a 25-year old elite franchise QB.

The fact that Mike is still an extremely good player is precisely why he's tradable.
I think it’s a little hasty. We saw what happened when the Texans and Vikings traded their playmakers. There’s times when MT is the only receiver that can get open. At the same time, we navigated the Jimmy and Cooks trades well. Idk I just bought an MT Jersey this season lol

1. We can't trade Winston because he isn't under contract.

2. No one wanted Winston last offseason, which is why we got him for close to a vet. minimum deal.

So, yeah. Plenty of teams would offer more for a 25-year old elite franchise QB.

1. No trade can occur until the new league year anyway. The logistics aren't the question here.

2. There's no mincing words here. You are literally wrong.

1. No trade can occur until the new league year anyway. The logistics aren't the question here.

2. There's no mincing words here. You are literally wrong.

What? Winston isn't under contract for next year. We. Can't. Trade. Him.

And you can say I'm literally wrong all you want. I'm still not, lol. His more "lucrative" offer wasn't anywhere near what a starting QB would make or he would've gone elsewhere. Period.

Well they just reported on ESPN that multiple sources within the Texans organization say that Watson is "done" with the organization. Its ESPN so take it with a grain of salt. He also has a no trade clause so he can dictate where he wants to go. Its an interesting situation.

If he does force himself out I still don’t think we have the resources. They are going to want to start over not take over our contracts.

What? Winston isn't under contract for next year.

And you can say I'm literally wrong all you want. I'm still not, lol.
I can say you're literally wrong...because you're literally wrong. Unless you have proof Rapoport is wrong. Any who, I'm not concerned if it'll be actually possible to trade Winston at any point. I'm strictly talking about the package we'd hypothetically offer.

What? Winston isn't under contract for next year. We. Can't. Trade. Him.

And you can say I'm literally wrong all you want. I'm still not, lol. His more "lucrative" offer wasn't anywhere near what a starting QB would make or he would've gone elsewhere. Period.
Guessing reading comprehension isn't your thing. You said, "no one wanted Winston." Rapoport (who is one of the better-regarded reporters) said Winston turned down more money to learn from Payton and Drew. So yes. Using your own words, you're wrong. You can try and obfuscate and add qualifying statements, or just admit you were wrong.

I can say you're literally wrong...because you're literally wrong. Unless you have proof Rapoport is wrong. Any who, I'm not concerned if it'll be actually possible to trade Winston at any point. I'm strictly talking about the package we'd hypothetically offer.

You said we could trade Winston. So, he couldn't be part of a hypothetical package.

And "more lucrative" doesn't equal "starting QB money." No. One. Wanted. To. Pay. Him. As. A. Starting QB. That's why we signed him so cheaply, which is what I said.

Period.

Guessing reading comprehension isn't your thing. You said, "no one wanted Winston." Rapoport (who is one of the better-regarded reporters) said Winston turned down more money to learn from Payton and Drew. So yes. Using your own words, you're wrong. You can try and obfuscate and add qualifying statements, or just admit you were wrong.

No one wanted him as a starting QB. Period.

The context of the discussion is whether Houston would take him in a trade for Watson WHICH WE CAN'T DO ANYWAY.

And no. A QB that no one wanted as a starter would not appeal to Houston. That's what this discussion is about. A trade package for Watson. Context.

No one claimed he was wanted as a starting QB. Your assertion was that no one wanted him at all. And I agree with you, Winston cannot be included as any part of a hypothetical trade as he's not under contract.

Houston would jump all over that. That's a heck of an overpayment.

Watson isn't the answer. Hopefully we draft a qb. Winston will likely get a shot next season at the helm.

Watson is statistically a top 5 QB over the last two years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom