Trade Up For The Right Reason! (1 Viewer)

phil413th

All-Pro
Reaction score
If you even think Fournette is going to be drafted by the Panthers at the 8th pick you can't take that chance of having to face him twice a year! Trade up 4 the best talent New Orleans own! Fournette, Ingram, and Bress in the back field![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]. Would give defenses nightmares! I think Fournette is what this offense has been missing since we lost 43 to the Eagles! Your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

200.webp

No. Sorry, but no.

And I think highly of Leonard Fournette; think that after the combine and pro day he may be the second highest rated player on some boards; and believe the Saints would have to seriously consider picking him were he to be available at 11.

But the cost of moving up for any player will be high, the Saints are once again 7-9 because of how many draft picks they have traded away in recent years, and running back is not a position of need. Fournette would be a luxury, and you don't trade up into the top of the first round to draft a luxury player.

The idea of Carolina picking him scares the heck out of me. But if that happens, we will simply have to deal with it.

If you even think Fournette is going to be drafted by the Panthers at the 8th pick you can't take that chance of having to face him twice a year! Trade up 4 the best talent New Orleans own! Fournette, Ingram, and Bress in the back field![emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]. Would give defenses nightmares! I think Fournette is what this offense has been missing since we lost 43 to the Eagles! Your thoughts?

No.

No to trading up.
No to drafting Fournette.
Yes to being patient and having a very good DE, LB or CB fall to us.

Not for a running back.

Adrian Peterson was the best running back of his generation. He has rushed for over 2000 yards in a season. He has been MVP. But what difference has he made? Some in gameplans, but very little in outcomes.

Not for a running back.

Adrian Peterson was the best running back of his generation. He has rushed for over 2000 yards in a season. He has been MVP. But what difference has he made? Some in gameplans, but very little in outcomes.
True but AP didn't have #9. I think with Fournette Drew would play longer as well.

Fournette is a great RB. I love him. But the Saints absolutely cannot afford to draft a RB that high with their needs on defense. I would hate for Carolina to get him, but if that's the way the ball bounces... so be it.

If our team didnt have any holes id pull the trigger

....but

We have so many dang needs on the offensive line and defense that id trade down before id ever trade up this season.

Ingram and Hightower will have to do until i see a great defense to support Drew & company.

Plus Fournette will quickly have a lot of wear on his body. He takes a lot of hits and runs hard. Thats a gift and a curse. Hes already sat out games in college

I remember us betting it all to move up for Ricky Williams and we know how that turned out. Just say no to moving up for RBs

Trade up just to avoid playing against a particular running back twice a year? How about just draft to build your defense, and make the running back a non-issue.

Trade up for the "possibility" of playing someone twice a year? Dude is injured regularly. Like him when he is healthy but cant plan my draft around that.

Fournette is a great RB. I love him. But the Saints absolutely cannot afford to draft a RB that high with their needs on defense. I would hate for Carolina to get him, but if that's the way the ball bounces... so be it.
I don't think we are that far off on defense as people think. The last few years we have taken big hits with injuries coming out of camp and so on, on that side of the ball. If we can stay healthy and I'm hopeful Airline will do a better job of tuffN the team up than W. VA. Did. That will do enough along with a few free agent signing!

Seems to have big games against lesser teams avg otherwise, for a young player gets hurt stays hurt - while injury was said to be the issue for him sitting out bowl game that only came out after questions about him sitting for draft prep were being talked about

Personally given the choice I'd rather have Guice though don't want to have a high enough pick to get him next year

It's little early for this type of speculation. We try to fill holes during free-agency. It would be great to go into the draft being able to pick the best player available if all the holes have been filled. But I would not trade up into the top 10, it's too pricey for a team with only 6 picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom