Trading a first round pick for CB (1 Viewer)

If we draft another OSU DB in the 1st, can we actually keep him? Jenkins and Vaccaro played really well together.

I think more important is that DA said while we have talent at CB we have a TON of questions that need answers. Breaux and Williams have to stay healthy but Breaux has to take that next step. He's a FA next year and that like Vaccaro being one puts CB on the radar more than people realize. So I wouldn't be upset at all if we took Either of those guys first.

Sidney Jones isn't a bad option either.

I don't know about the term "most pressing". SP labeled passrusher & CB as must and DA in his interview said you can effect the passer thru coverage and passrush. So don't pigeon hole yourself into taking a passrusher just because it's a must. If the highest rated player on the board is a DB then take him.
I agree that the best available regardless of position should be the pick. Traditionally a good rush is the more valued of the two. You can make above average cb good with a pass rush. Should be a few good cbs available in FA. I don't trust many cbs in the 1st round, it's a chance crap shoot.

This team has several spots to fill, not just cb. Most pressing is a starting DE that can rush the passer. Best player available is who we should take, and if we trade Cooks, we better have a big time FA wr ready to step in. No guarantee that any rookie receiver will do what he's done the last three years.

Can't really agree that DE/ Edge guy is THE most pressing need . thinking that #1 CB is just as if not more pressing . If a QB is getting the ball out fast no rusher in the league will get to him but a good press CB can make him hold the ball longer . Since it's a lean yr for big time DE/Edge rushers in FA ( most have been franchised ) I see us making a big push for a #1 CB in FA and trying to get a rusher in the draft . While I like Cooks he really has turned into a speed / stretch guy , very little YAC in traffic , he does go down easy when hit or runs out of bounds . Kinda like a 1 or 2 trick pony . Don't think a BIG time FA WR would be needed.

Now is the perfect time to trade Cooks , Stock is high and never gonna get higher, still on a rookie deal and doesn't seem to be that happy here. If we get a mid 1st and maybe a 3rd , I'd use that mid for McCaffery adding that joker piece that we haven't had since Sproles and spend #11 and the other pick from Cooks on D

I want peppers it's time we get speed at linebacker our defense lacks speed!!

In my opinion the last CB coming out of football that looked to be a first year starter was Patrick Peterson........ granted I watched every game he played in college.... were as those not at LSU I cant give an opinion on really.... for me this year I am confused about the prediction of Jamal Adams being a top 5 pick... he was not that memorable at LSU and I watched all the games he has played granted I remember all his dances and theatrics... but as far as being a playmaker he was not that special.... anyways their or 2 safetys being predicted to come off the board before a CB this year, so I would say no there is not a CB that looks favorable to be a starter right away.... if it were then they would be in the top 5 ...

In my opinion the last CB coming out of football that looked to be a first year starter was Patrick Peterson........ granted I watched every game he played in college.... were as those not at LSU I cant give an opinion on really.... for me this year I am confused about the prediction of Jamal Adams being a top 5 pick... he was not that memorable at LSU and I watched all the games he has played granted I remember all his dances and theatrics... but as far as being a playmaker he was not that special.... anyways their or 2 safetys being predicted to come off the board before a CB this year, so I would say no there is not a CB that looks favorable to be a starter right away.... if it were then they would be in the top 5 ...
Marcus Peters comes to mind, and he was from Washington, so it is possible that Ross could also be that guy. Same coaches, and he definately has the speed at an unofficial 4.18 40yd dash.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I want multiple trades that get us as many picks in the first 3 rounds as we can get. Playing around with this idea, I think there's a path out there where we end up with 6 picks, 2 in each round. In that scenario, we get de, lb, CB, s, as well as the chance to take wr, QB, Rb, rg, or te.

I guess you guys are missing the point of my question. Is there anyone coming out this year who is capable of being a starter at CB from day one of the 2017 season that will be better than our current corners ?

Jabrill Peppers S/CB is a day one starter and a versatile positions player, and is a special teams stud returner.
If we do end up with a second first round pick for Brandin Cooks (which seems very likely), I like the Edge rusher Kpassagnon. In Round 2 - look for TJ Watt-ILB.
We have increased our defensive team speed and quite likely 3 new starters on defense. Building the defense from up the middle with speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom