Trading Away the #15 Pick in the 1st Round (1 Viewer)

Mikie17

BLACK represents Oil & GOLD represents Mardi Gras
Reaction score
Majority of Mock Drafts that I have read projects the Saints possibly selecting the following players: Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Ezekiel Ansah, or someone else that may slide to us by draft time or not.

Let me say that I would be very happy if the Saints selected either one of those guys mentioned above (Jordan, Mingo, or Ansah). However, I would like to know your thoughts on the Saints using one of these players as a bargaining chip and trade their 1<SUP>st</SUP> Round pick to move down in the 1<SUP>st</SUP> round and possibly pick up a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round.

<O:p*Would this work to the team&#8217;s advantage or not?
**Would you hate the front office for trading the pick?
***Who would you select later in the 1<SUP>st</SUP> round?
****Who would you like to see the Saints grab in the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round?

Interested in hearing your thoughts :scratch:. Thanks.

Well, we've had several threads on this. You might want to check those, I doubt you'll get any new opinions

I'm still hoping to trade back. I feel that this draft is loaded with defensive talent from the late 1st rd to the 3rd. This is not a good year to be without a 2nd rd pick, IMHO.

Not in our MO. Have we ever traded down (in the 1st).

Loomis and SP seem to like less picks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

only if more than one of the guys we covet in the first fall and are expected to be where we would trade down. And I believe we would have to trade down to the bottom of the first to pick up a 2nd. So I don't see this happening...but you never know.

only if we trade for a late 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.

I can't recall this front office or head coach ever trading back? Not saying that they couldn't but I would bet against them doing so. The philosophy always seems to be BPA.

I want to say I heard according to the value chart it's mathematically impossible for us to move back in the first and gain a second with where our first is. Again, using the value chart for each pick.

Nothing would have to drop for me to consider it a viable trade, but who wants to trade down when nothing enticing drops?

Who needs extra draft picks? Its all about the UDFAs!

Depends, if Jarvis jones dion jordan or star are there and we trade down id be mad, if not I'd be happy with a trade down and taking Okafor late first and a corner early 2nd

Thank you for posting your insights. I appreciate your thoughts. Who Dat?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom