Trading Down (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The obvious is if McFadden dropped to the Saints we would be able to trade down out of the 10 spot. Besides talking about the "obvious" what if Ryan Clady is on the board NFL teams covet guys who can play left tackle........ I think this would present a more realistic trade down option. Looking at a couple of sites this is a list of teams who are looking to upgrade at the position. (some could have already done so in FA not sure if the site was up to date)
<O:p</O:p
Arizona Cardinals- 16th pick<O:p</O:p
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 20th pick <O:p</O:p
Carolina Panthers- 13th pick<O:p</O:p
New York Giants- 31st pick

That’s just a couple of the teams and I think that the odds of Clady being there are a lot better than McFadden.

It seems unlikely that we trade our picks within the division. But if the offer is right I guess its a possibility. But like you hinted Mcfadden likelyhood of being on the board is .01%.

I've read that the Panthers really like Clady...their FO went out to visit with him.

I look at it like this. If Dorsey, Ellis & DRC are all gone @10, then I'd trade with the Panthers in a heart beat. Now the Saints need to at least act like they have some interest in Clady to scare the Panthers into believing they may take him.

That was my I wanna be a GM moment for the day! ;)

Very true the list of teams I put up were just a few that came to mind after looking at the site.

However, the cowboys and the eagles did it last season so you never know. Normally if a trade does happen within the division they seem to favor the team trading back much more.

The obvious is if McFadden dropped to the Saints we would be able to trade down out of the 10 spot. Besides talking about the "obvious" what if Ryan Clady is on the board NFL teams covet guys who can play left tackle........ I think this would present a more realistic trade down option. Looking at a couple of sites this is a list of teams who are looking to upgrade at the position. (some could have already done so in FA not sure if the site was up to date)
Arizona Cardinals- 16th pick<O:p</O:p
Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 20th pick <O:p</O:p
Carolina Panthers- 13th pick<O:p</O:p
New York Giants- 31st pick

That’s just a couple of the teams and I think that the odds of Clady being there are a lot better than McFadden.

I think you take Clady... OT is a position of need for this team, especially considering Stinch is a FA next year. I guess it depends on if the front office feels that Clady can play on the right side...

Trade with the cardinals, 16th and dansby, take the best cornerback remaining at 16 and okam or another d tackle with the second. suddenly our d is pretty good. I will advocate this every chance i get until the draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom