Trading out of the first round, good or bad? (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Say after already trading down we do a Belichick and trade out of round 1 altogether with someone like the Cardinals so they can snatch a QB ahead of the Chiefs, Jags, Jets. How do you like that scenario? How many picks could it get us?

:scratch:

If Geno Smith falls to 15, Loomis should pull the trigger on a trade.

unless a guy like jarvis jones or damontre moore is available. if we can get an impact rushbacker thats such a big need we cant pass up on it

Going by the draft pick trade value chart

Our #15 pick is worth 1050

KC has picks
#33 - 580
#65 - 265
#97 - 112
#129 - 43
#161 - 27
#193 - 14.2
worth a total of - 1021.2

It's hard to imagine a scenario that would make it a good idea to trade out of the first round. When you consider our ability to hit on first round picks, you must know that the first round players have the highest percentage out of any round of starting and contributing heavily to this team

Every single player we've drafted in the first round has started and/or played enough to be called a successful pick

There's no reason to stop that trend...especially when you consider that this draft isn't stockpiled full of great college talents.

We have to hit on another early pick and at 15....it'll be hard to miss

I would gladly trade our first for KC's second round pick and next years first...... It could end up being another high pick, maybe top five

I generally like the idea because this team has so many needs. But the answer is that it depends. Who is still on the board at 15? What is being offered.

I am not sure our drafts in any round have been anything but average. Since 2007, we have not been terribly successful in the later rounds. Nicks is the big exception, but interior offensive linemen are usually undervalued and go later in the draft than they should.

I would gladly trade our first for KC's second round pick and next years first...... It could end up being another high pick, maybe top five

I doubt a team would trade with us at #15, they wouldn't need to. After the Jets there's no one likely to pick a QB in the first round, so they just have to pick in front of the likes of KC, the Jags, Raiders, Browns, Bills etc. Which is why Arizona or Buffalo are the most likely to trade up if they don't take a QB in the first. They would need to get ahead of the QB-needy pack in front. So they'd be looking at getting back in at #26-32.

It's hard to imagine a scenario that would make it a good idea to trade out of the first round. When you consider our ability to hit on first round picks, you must know that the first round players have the highest percentage out of any round of starting and contributing heavily to this team

Every single player we've drafted in the first round has started and/or played enough to be called a successful pick

There's no reason to stop that trend...especially when you consider that this draft isn't stockpiled full of great college talents.

We have to hit on another early pick and at 15....it'll be hard to miss

We've had more busts in the first round then anything else. Sed Ellis, Ingram and Meachem were not worth drafting in the 1st rd. P.Rob wouldn't be starting on half the teams in the NFL, let alone there beat cover guy. Reggie was good for the city but not worth a #2 pick over all. Cam Jordan might be the only pick worth it.

Better not the do something like the J******** S****** or Mark Ingram scenario. Stay with Pick 15, and maybe they'll get the equivalent of Cameron Jordan. It's hard to argue that was a bad pick. The Ingram pick was the result of injuries to running backs, a bit of panic. The DT pick was the result of a bad decision IMHO; they should have remained with the two first-round slots.

I am hoping for one of two scenarios come draft day:
1. Swap 1st round draft pick (15th) for a lower 1st round draft pick (21st to 32nd) and also add a 2nd round pick.
2. Swap 1st round draft pick for a 2nd and 7th round pick.

Either way, we would be swapping one pick for two. If not, stay pack and hope for the best.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

That's my thoughts also. The only other scenario would be a trade that moved us down in the 1st and pick up a 2nd this year.

If Jarvis Jones, Ezeikiel Ansah or Dion Jordan are available at no. 15 then take them or just trade back and get a 2nd round pick ..... maybe a 2nd and 3rd ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom