Trading partner in draft (1 Viewer)

Dhatboi

Veteran
Reaction score
According to ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins, the Cowboys value Texas FS Kenny Vaccaro "immensely."
They're also needy at free safety after releasing Gerald Sensabaugh. It sounds like Vaccaro will be squarely on Dallas' radar if he's available with the 18th overall pick. The Rams draft at No. 16 overall and also have a safety need.
Related: Cowboys
Source: ESPN Dallas Mar 10 - 4:27 PM

Sounds like need to jump rams at 16....hmm who's at 15?

I think the Saints are in a good position to trade down. I believe it is wise to trade down and acquire multiple picks this draft. Perhaps trading out of the 1st round. I believe we have the firepower (1050 points) and position (15 overall) to make it happen. This appears to be the type of draft (excellent depth) to reload the franchise.

Smoke screen, Cowgirls are looking for a top interior lineman in my opinion.

According to ESPN Dallas' Calvin Watkins, the Cowboys value Texas FS Kenny Vaccaro "immensely."
They're also needy at free safety after releasing Gerald Sensabaugh. It sounds like Vaccaro will be squarely on Dallas' radar if he's available with the 18th overall pick. The Rams draft at No. 16 overall and also have a safety need.

I think Tampa needs a safety too, as we do as well. There's nothing to say that they won't just go to, say, #12 and leapfrog us and TB instead of risking it coming down to us. There's no telling.

If I was Dallas though I'd hope for Chance Womack to slip and take him instead.

I think the Saints are in a good position to trade down. I believe it is wise to trade down and acquire multiple picks this draft. Perhaps trading out of the 1st round. I believe we have the firepower (1050 points) and position (15 overall) to make it happen. This appears to be the type of draft (excellent depth) to reload the franchise.

I think the idea of trading down is CLOSELY tied to who's on the board at the time we are on the clock, ie if we love 4 players when the draft is at 15, we can trade down 3 spots and still land a player we love. Also, we need an impact player on defense and depending on what happens in free agency, trading out of the 1st completely makes that tougher to acquire...

I think the idea of trading down is CLOSELY tied to who's on the board at the time we are on the clock, ie if we love 4 players when the draft is at 15, we can trade down 3 spots and still land a player we love. Also, we need an impact player on defense and depending on what happens in free agency, trading out of the 1st completely makes that tougher to acquire...

That's been the norm for us in previous drafts, but Payton has particularly stressed that this year. He acknowledged you need players who can turn into starters every year, but even he admitted they needed a year this year like they had in 2006, when it turned out 5 long-time starters (if you count Reggie and Strief, who might be more "half long-time starters" each but whatever, you get the point)

What this suggests to me is I don't see him jumping around a lot trying to maximize value or anything. If there's a player they think will start for us, they'll just sit there and take him and not risk dropping back.

The Boys need OL badly!!!!

That's been the norm for us in previous drafts, but Payton has particularly stressed that this year. He acknowledged you need players who can turn into starters every year, but even he admitted they needed a year this year like they had in 2006, when it turned out 5 long-time starters (if you count Reggie and Strief, who might be more "half long-time starters" each but whatever, you get the point)

What this suggests to me is I don't see him jumping around a lot trying to maximize value or anything. If there's a player they think will start for us, they'll just sit there and take him and not risk dropping back.

Definitely agree Spam....

I'm hoping we trade down, because we are in need of a multitude of picks. Especially, considering that we are switching to a 3-4. I know that we have certain players already suited for the scheme change, but beyond those handful we SERIOUSLY lack the depth behind them to give me the warm and fuzzy.

I think San Fran is the perfect team to swap places with. They have 12 picks plus 4 possible compensatory ones as well. From what I know (and correct me if I'm wrong), I was under the assumption that teams can only have 10 pre-draft. If true, our #15 could be worth a 1st, 2nd, and a 5th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom