Trading with the Ravens makes the most sense (1 Viewer)

Well Cincinatti will look to trade up too IMO. Whether they are after Gholston or Ellis/Dorsey we will not know.
We will either have to give a better deal than them to Baltimore, or look at the Pats, who will want to trade down.
The 1st and 3rd for a 1st deal would work with the Pats, Jets, and Ravens IIRC. I didn't realise we could get a fourth rounder back, but I really wouldn't care. I would care if we lost out on Dorsey or Ellis because we wanted their fourth rounder and they wouldn't give it up.

yes the bengals might try to move up also but if they feelthey are going to get ellis/dorsey at nine and dont move up it might be to late. i dont think the ravens would want to trade with the bengals beacuse they are in the same division why would u wnat a team in your own division to get one of them. i think of they dont trade with the patriots we will be able to move to 8 and pick up dorsey/ellis

Gholston is going before #9. He ran a 4.58 at his pro day and his verticle was 6 inches higher. He also outlifted all but 1 person at the combine. He might not make it out of the top 5, but if not New England will grab him.

Gholston in my opinion is the third best player on the board:

Jake Long
Glen Dorsey
Vernon Gholston

IF WE DRAFT DORSEY OR ELLIS WE WILL IMPLODE; ALL THE WAY TO THE POST SEASON. EITHER OF THESE TWO ARE LEGIT 1ST ROUNDERS AND ADDRESS ONE OF OUR MOST GLARING NEEDS. INSIDE PRESSURE COUPLED WITH OUTSIDE RUSH FROM GRANT AND SMITH MAKE THE DBS LOOK A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

You mean implode the pocket right?

IF Ellis is there, I expect the Saints to do just that. I'm not at all sure he will be, but if he is, the Saints have to pull the trigger. With the FA moves they have made, DT has to be the number 1 priority in the draft. If this scenario comes up, the Saints must make the move and go get their guy.
If they miss on Dorsey and Ellis in round 1, they must get Laws, Sims, or Balmer (my least favorite of the three) in round 2, Shoot, I wouldn't scream if they got him and then took Trevor Laws in round 2 anyway. Not likely, but I still wouldn't think it was a bad choice.

I really think we need all of our first day pick, actually I would perfer to move down and Get Laws or Blamer and more picks if we can't get Ellis or Dorsey at 10. I think Ellis and Dorsey will make better pros then the others, although you never can tell. But I think say Balmer, Cason, Mayo, and Lee (or any combo really) > over Dorsey and Mayo and not picking again until day 2. I would also being short sighted on the draft picks and just grabbed a few names with a later 1st, two 2nds, and our 3rd still with those 4 guys. Imagine Mcfadden falls and Dallas give us the 2 firsts and it would look alot sexier. I just think the top of the draft is nice, but the depth in this draft is to much to lose another mid draft pick.

Gholston is going before #9. He ran a 4.58 at his pro day and his verticle was 6 inches higher. He also outlifted all but 1 person at the combine. He might not make it out of the top 5, but if not New England will grab him.

I think Gholston will be the number 1 pick in the draft, I said that about a month ago and I still think it holds water. Chris Long could option in here as well both are freakishly similar. But the lowest either falls is the to Jets at 6 IMO. I think if Miami opts for Ryan, Long will drop to the Raiders where Al Davis would sure snag him just because of the relationship he has with Howie (almost like Dennis Green grabbing Fitz) they watched these kids growing up and if there is a chance to get him I think Al will. In which case I can see Gholston fallin to 6 to the Jets but thats as far as he will drop IMO.

people want to give away draft choices too easily on this board. a 3d rounder is very valuable. we already don't have a 4th rounder (and for those who think otherwise, pls read today's Times Pc that explains the Vilma trade in detail)..you can gut a franchise like this...you need those draft picks to infuse youth and talent every year, and some of them turn into pro bowl players...there will be value there at the 10th spot..stay there...the last time this team traded away a couple of picks for a dt it imploded...

:plus-un2: :9:

Couldn't have said this any better... this is EXACTLY how I feel... if they fall... fine... but don't just give away picks when we have so many other holes to fill.

I have done some research on a realistic scenerio of us trading up to nab one of the two prize DT's if they are available at #8. It is also a possibilty that the Ravens will hold their division rival hostage for the right to trade up to get the DT. If that happens then we are SOL.

This is how it would hopefully shake out:

1. Miami - Chris Long DE Virginia
2. St. Louis - Jake Long OT Michigan
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan QB Boston College
4. Oakland - Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
5. Kansas City - Ryan Clady OT Boise St
6. NY Jets - Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
7. New England - Leondis McKelvin CB Troy
8. New Orleans(from Balt) - Sedrick Ellis DT USC
9. Cincinnati - Vernon Gholston DE Ohio St
10. Baltimore(from NO) - Brian Brohm QB Louisville

Baltimore gives:

Rd 1 #8 and Rd 4 #102 = 1492 value points

New Orleans gives:

Rd 1 #10 and Rd 3 #78 = 1495 value points

You could easily flip Dorsey and Ellis, but that would be fine by me. We would ultimately be giving up a 3rd, but would be getting back a better 4th than what we lost for Vilma. I think it would definitely be worth it to move up. This could be a match made in heaven.

I love that mock!

people want to give away draft choices too easily on this board. a 3d rounder is very valuable. we already don't have a 4th rounder (and for those who think otherwise, pls read today's Times Pc that explains the Vilma trade in detail)..you can gut a franchise like this...you need those draft picks to infuse youth and talent every year, and some of them turn into pro bowl players...there will be value there at the 10th spot..stay there...the last time this team traded away a couple of picks for a dt it imploded...

A third is nothing if we get a dominant 3-tech that puts up 8+ sacks a year and consistantly brings pressure up the middle. Check out our previous draft picks in the 3rd round none of them has been worth giving up a shot at a franchise interior DL, which is what this D needs.

I don't even think we need to trade up for Ellis. If Cincy is going after a DE and Baltimore needs a QB, stay at #10 and take Ellis. And we don't need to trade ant picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom