Traffic fatalities up 9 percent - texting and social media partly to blame (1 Viewer)

14_1200.jpg

School bus, schmool bus.

12_1200.jpg

The driver in the other car.. I'm totally that guy. "what the heck are you doing?"

Yea people should be required to have a license to use one and carry insurance in case it causes harm to others.., wait ..

Yeah, that works so well we all have to have uninsured motorist coverage because so many people drive around with no liability insurance and expired drivers license. Should work for guns though right.

Seriously, one week of a concentrated effort to stamp it out by police. Ticket and fine everyone.

We can not even do that for drunk drivers.

But if that would work the we should do that with all crime and stamp it all out.

This is me if I'm a passenger (rare) and the driver is texting or looking at their phone (other than looking at map directions)

2d2.jpg

State Sobriety Checkpoint Laws

It's not like law enforcement ignores it though.

No but if we can not get a week long campaign to stamp out drunk driving then we dang sure will not be able to stamp out texting and driving that way either. We have people on the road with 3 dwi convictions. Unfortunately a couple of texting tickets will not deter many people.

if we also agree that stupid on a bike and stupid with a knife are FAR less dangerous than the counterparts

Deal. I agree that guns on their own are more dangerous than knives if you agree that guns don't kill people.

Can we shake on that?

No but if we can not get a week long campaign to stamp out drunk driving then we dang sure will not be able to stamp out texting and driving that way either. We have people on the road with 3 dwi convictions. Unfortunately a couple of texting tickets will not deter many people.

this is one of those 'perfect being the enemy of the good" arguments that we like so much on this board
just because we can't eliminate something doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to lessen it as much as we can

this is one of those 'perfect being the enemy of the good" arguments that we like so much on this board
just because we can't eliminate something doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to lessen it as much as we can

I was referring to the poster that asked for a week long campaign to stamp it out.

But yes we can try to lesson it as much as we can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom