Train a comin' what do you do? (1 Viewer)

Don't stop in the middle of the tracks. Problem solved.

That's it.
But, should you find yourself in this predicament, get the hell out and run. Remain calm and move fast, grab your child(ren), and run. The article mentioned running off the tracks and toward the train, and that makes perfect sense, because you may still be in harm's way running away from the train, because it will send the vehicle flying.

That's it.
But, should you find yourself in this predicament, get the hell out and run. Remain calm and move fast, grab your child(ren), and run. The article mentioned running off the tracks and toward the train, and that makes perfect sense, because you may still be in harm's way running away from the train, because it will send the vehicle flying.

But with 29s to grab your children it maynot be possible. I think I am flooring it and playing bumper cars. Let the insurance companies figure it out later.

I'd look and see if the locomotive/s were made by GM's EMD or GE and then I'd check and see what models they were. Then, after that, I'd run.

EDIT: After that, I'd go to the local hobby shop and buy HO scale versions of said locomotive/s.

But with 29s to grab your children it maynot be possible. I think I am flooring it and playing bumper cars. Let the insurance companies figure it out later.

This^^. Should not stop on the tracks to begin with is better advice though.

It's funny looking at the picture of the intersection where the accident happened. There were two sets of train tracks and the two closing gates were plenty enough apart that he had room to back up inside the gate behind him and miss the train. I know if I was in that situation I would not sit there while I watch a 60 MPH train about to kill me. I would have done something.

Me? I am pushing whoever is in front or behind me out of the way. I am turning whatever I am driving into a bulldozer. I wouldn't just SIT there!

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_13356139?source=yahooNewsML

I think Id open the door and jog away from the scene of the accident before it happened. Hondas make poor bulldozers. Now if he was in an F350 or a Hummer he had a chance. But a Honda is just meat on the table when it comes to being boxed in.

I would try to find the woman that had been roped down to the tracks, untie her and I would save the day.

Then I would get on my trusty handcar and whisk us both out of danger.

SuperStock_1614R-8229.jpg

i think Master P said it best when he said "move *****, get out the way"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom