Trainer posts Brees workout video. Suggests something may be brewing (1 Viewer)

That’s gonna be great day for you right? Brees retires, Saints are losers again. I bet you will really be happy when us Saints fans are disappointed and you can remind us that it is our fault that Drew kept getting older and less good as an NFL QB, into his 40s.

Are you a Saints fan or a Brees fan?

I wouldn't call it a great day, but entertaining, amusing, a little bittersweet. Like the Winston vs. Hill arguments.

Why would I say it's your fault Drew aged. We all age. It's no one's fault. But you know that already.

I AM going to remind you that not getting the ball down the field wasn't the main reason we didn't get to more Super Bowls. As if that's the only thing standing between the Saints and another championship 😏

I'm Saints fan and a Drew Brees fan. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I wouldn't call it a great day, but entertaining, amusing, a little bittersweet. Like the Winston vs. Hill arguments.

Why would I say it's your fault Drew aged. We all age. It's no one's fault. But you know that already.

I AM going to remind you that not getting the ball down the field wasn't the main reason we didn't get to more Super Bowls. As if that's the only thing standing between the Saints and another championship 😏

I'm Saints fan and a Drew Brees fan. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
I agree it’s not a binary choice. It’s never one guy that wins or loses a game.

I want the Saintsto win every game with or without Drew. I want whoever is best for winning it all this year and down the road. Saints have a better win % without Brees the last two years and Brees has not been able to outperform Case Keenum, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins, or TB12, when it mattered most in the last few years.

Doesn’t mean it’s all his fault, it just means he is not always the best QB on the field when it counts nowadays and given his age he is moving in the opposite direction of that.

Saints fans that see this and want the team to make the best transition it can are not the ones making Drew get old.

I agree it’s not a binary choice. It’s never one guy that wins or loses a game.

I want the Saintsto win every game with or without Drew. I want whoever is best for winning it all this year and down the road. Saints have a better win % without Brees the last two years and Brees has not been able to outperform Case Keenum, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins, or TB12, when it mattered most in the last few years.

Doesn’t mean it’s all his fault, it just means he is not always the best QB on the field when it counts nowadays and given his age he is moving in the opposite direction of that.

Saints fans that see this and want the team to make the best transition it can are not the ones making Drew get old.
Oh ok.

What free agents ? I hope you are not
referring to Watson or Russell because that is la la stuff there. It’s not happening. The Brees situation does not need to be settled now.

The Saints can't let this drag out forever. They have to move forward and plan for the future. You can't ignore free agent opportunities or draft opportunites simply to let the "Brees situation play out".

I don't like it. Drew's looking kinda selfish at this point. I got madd luv for Drew but why is he playing this game? It sounds like his ego can't process retirement yet.
Yep, agree. maybe it’s time for CSP needs to nudge him to retire.

I think a lot of you are operating under the assumption that Brees hasn't already decided and hasn't already told the organization (Payton & Loomis). Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it's not already been decided and being planned for. If that's the case, it may actually benefit the organization to hold off on an announcement as long as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom