Training Camp 09 (with a little new info from Saints) (1 Viewer)

I will miss T/C this year, working 12 to 14 hrs. days starting 07/29/09 till the first or second week in September. Bring sunscreen, drink plenty of fluids and have fun.

Anyone willing to relay (by text) info to me, I will be happy to run the same thread that we had for the mini camp sessions. If you are interested in being a "reporter" please PM me as soon as possible. We will also be tweeting all important developments throughout camp.

At Minicamp, you couldn't see anything if you weren't in the bleachers. Unless they spread things out to the soccer fields, I think many Saints fans will become a lot closer knit. So I guess if you stayed away from weekend and evening practices, there will be more elbow room. Unless they add more than five rows of bleachers along that sideline, it will be difficult at more popular times.

At Minicamp, you couldn't see anything if you weren't in the bleachers. Unless they spread things out to the soccer fields, I think many Saints fans will become a lot closer knit. So I guess if you stayed away from weekend and evening practices, there will be more elbow room. Unless they add more than five rows of bleachers along that sideline, it will be difficult at more popular times.
You sir got their way too late. There were plenty of bleacher seats open even up until 15-20 mins prior to "starting time".

Does it cost anything? Is parking a problem? Are there any decent hotels nearby that anyone here recommends? I'll be in the state during the beginning and would like to travel down to NO to experience my 1st Saints training camp. Thanks in advance!

Does it cost anything? Is parking a problem? Are there any decent hotels nearby that anyone here recommends? I'll be in the state during the beginning and would like to travel down to NO to experience my 1st Saints training camp. Thanks in advance!

There are a couple of hotels in Metairie within 10-15 minutes of the facility. The closest is a Hampton Inn in Harahan. Parking is on site and right across the street in the Winn-Dixie parking lot. There is no charge to attend. Hope this helps and have fun!

We'll be at the LaQuinta Causeway. Less than 10 minutes from facility location. Very reasonable rates. Never stayed there before, but have always had good luck with LaQuinta.

You sir got their way too late. There were plenty of bleacher seats open even up until 15-20 mins prior to "starting time".

I got there 30 minutes before the day I went and was standing in the very back :idunno:

I might end up trying to attend the August 2nd afternoon practice which is scheduled to start at 3:20 pm.

That depends on what time my 20 year old daughter gets finished fighting at the USKA World Championships at the Hilton Riverside on that Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom