Training Camp 09 (with a little new info from Saints) (1 Viewer)

more than one thing per person you mean?

I think one item per person is considered proper autograph etiquette. If they see you with several items they figure you're going to putting them on eBay and avoid you.

I think one item per person is considered proper autograph etiquette. If they see you with several items they figure you're going to putting them on eBay and avoid you.

thx for the advice! this will be my first training camp visit!

They will autograph just about anything you bring. They usually have Sharpies, but you should bring one along just in case. I wouldn't try to get more than one item autographed though.

If I were going to TC I'd get a multi-color pack of sharpies. That way I would try to get different players to sign my football with different colors. It would be more interesting than just using black. But... sadly, I won't be going to TC. GGgggrrrrr r r r r r.

Also, a word of caution... the footballs sold to be autograph balls come with a "sharpie" like marker. I actually seen a couple of those markers dry as a bone and useless right out of the box. Always take a back-up sharpie pen! ! ! How bad would that be if you finally get Reggie to sign your football and the damn pen won't write.

Have fun at Training Camp, ya'll.

Brought this thread back up for an update. I heard on the radio today that there will be additional bleachers brought in for training camp. There will also be an additional concesssion area. They hope to "accomodate 3000 comfortably" with the new seats. Good news.

Brought this thread back up for an update. I heard on the radio today that there will be additional bleachers brought in for training camp. There will also be an additional concesssion area. They hope to "accomodate 3000 comfortably" with the new seats. Good news.

Read that in the paper this morning, they doubled seating, at the least.

Awesome!

I'll be down there the week of Aug 17.. wouldn't you know it, they'll be in Houston for most of the week. I should be able to make the 2 open practices before they leave tho'. Hey, 2 is better than none! :9:

There was also a tent setup near the bleachers where after practice a few players would sit and sign until everyone had what they needed. Other players would just walk down the fence and sign. It is crowded but a ton of fun. I am still unsure about bringing a chair, anyone know the rule on this yet?

I am so excited to go! They also sell Saints pens which I think are the coolest souvenirs.

Does it cost anything? Is parking a problem? Are there any decent hotels nearby that anyone here recommends? I'll be in the state during the beginning and would like to travel down to NO to experience my 1st Saints training camp. Thanks in advance!

I found out last week that there is never a charge to attend any training activities because if they charge admission it legally binds them to allow another team to come in purchase a ticket and observe the practice in which they may get valuable inside info for their team. as long as admission is free, all other teams must stay out of the practices. The Saints did have catch one team on the roof of the church (I think it is a church) next door and film a practice one time (inside info).

ok who is this?

The definition of dedication: First Saints fan arrived at 5:30 a.m. after 12-hour drive from Harlan, Ky. Practice begins at 8:50 a.m.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom