Training camp observations Tuesday (1 Viewer)

jubo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Began as usual with ST drills. The usual people returning kicks.

Walk through lots of running up the middle like yesterday.
Breaux and PJ on opposite sides with the ones. Tommylee and RJ Harris on opposite sides offensively.

Lots of drills. All groups, all over field at the same time.

Ingram having fun during stretching portion, dancing to music then interacting with fans that yelled "let's set the tone with Pittsburg" funny stuff. After stretching Hightower points to sky and says prayer.

RB drills, SP over there coaching them on how to look for blockers and how to cut and turn. Next, RB drill where they jump side to side over speed bump, Cadet and Hightower looked fast and agile here, those two out of the bunch looked the best to me. Feet up high and quick steps.

WR drills with Grayson throwing to WRs along sideline, lots of drops at the beginning of this drill, then lots of completions. The first was a mess, then it got lots better. Balls were accurate, just drop after drop, then catch after catch.

11/11 looks like Robertson was covering ball carrier, couldn't see who, a little too well and Austin Johnson didn't like it, so he pushed Robertson, then Robertson throws the first blow, right to Johnson's face mask. They exchange a few quick blows. Over quickly.

Vaccaro holding Hightower's jersey, but Hightower won't stop running, dragging him, Vacarro didn't look happy, but no punches thrown, lol.
Ingram showing good vision big run. The impressive part was the way he knew to cut to the left and then got open.
Nice end around Cooks.
Stupar firing the defense up now, let's go, clapping, jumping....
Next play good run stop up the middle with gang of black shirts.

Couldn't see number but was watching Turner blow his guy up, not holding, just a heck of a play that left defender on the ground. Legally.
Murphy has nice run for TD.
Then on kicking drills again, Murohy shows good vision and speed, gets a nice return.

OLine drills, Fairley is killing Peat.
Players now hot and exhausted, dragging. Very slow to get from one part of the field to the next, Vitt out there running come on, come on, they are not buying it. It is some kind of hit out here today! Edabali walks to sidelines, takes a knee, looks wobbly, I am almost ready to tell someone to check on him, but reconsider.

Edabali is back out there for more 11/11 he and Peat both ended up on the ground, in a heap, couldn't tell what happened.
Drew "sacked" (coverage sack)
Run up the middle stuffed. One of the coaches yells, "you have to block a man open"
Craig Robertson int.

Lelito looks shaky, like Edabali did earlier. Trainers do come over to him, offer Gatorade but he pushes it away, then other trainer comes up and outs green cooling strip on back of his neck. Unger has found the only shade on the field, caused by filming bucket. It's just enough shade for him to take a knee in. One little square of shade. He looks like he's going to be sick, but does get up after a few minutes and walks back to group.

ST drills, coach yelling good job 32. But I didn't see what he did.
Erik Harris and PJ staying with man to push him out of bounds.

11/11
Pumping in crowd noise, at least we only do this at practice, not like another team...
Stephone Anthony practicing with the ones, Lampman jumps off sides, does lap, next play Turner jumps, does lap.

2 minute drill 1:28 on clock down by 5, two time outs. First play deep ball to Fleener for TD. Beat Laurinaitis. Not sure if they thought a LB was a good choice to cover a deep ball to TE, but..
Drop by Hightower, ball a little low, but catchable.
Nice PBU Crawley against Thomas.
Next play Crawley way off his man. Played too deep
Pruitt nice PBU.
More two minute, 40 seconds no time outs, down by 8...
PJ has good coverage on Cadet, but Cadet has a half step on him, stretches out and almost makes spectacular TD catch...so close. Ball overthrown Luke, I think, but lots of athleticism shown by Cadet there.
D.Harris gets fooled on move by Cooks, who makes catch, because he made himself open.
Byrd makes a very nice int, jumped higher than Coleman to bring it in. Very nice! Drew throwing.

Good practice, long and extremely hot, they really need to be careful, seriously.
Hoping for at least a breeze tomorrow. Who Dat

Byrd jumping higher than a 6'6" Coleman. smh.

and also S. Anthony back at practice?

Thank you very much for the recap and taking the heat for the team. The SR team, that is.

Yes to both.
It was some kinda jump, although Coleman didn't jump at all, Byrd went up top and took that ball that I thought sure was a TD. I stood up and applauded that. It was good.
And Stephone was out there and practicing, I thought I saw him early in the day, but thought I must be wrong, because he was participating in 7/7 and 11/11 but then later he was right in front of me. I didn't know it would be this soon. But glad he's back.

Couldn't see number but was watching Turner blow his guy up, not holding, just a heck of a play that left defender on the ground. Legally.

OLine drills, Fairley is killing Peat.

Jubo: Outstanding report; fantastic! :9:

I made it a point to focus on the two action comments you made about the O-line.

Looks like Landon Turner has to be added to the Camp Beast list! :evilgrin:

Peat, on the other hand... :covri:

:gosaints:

You can bring one bottled water. They do t specify what size, so I bring a big one, like the big flavored waters from Walmart, and I freeze it the night before. Water and is $2 and I think Gatorade and beer are $3.
Bring a big water frozen and have a cooler in your car with another cold water. They stop selling usually a little before camp ends, and you'll need one when you get back to the car. Seriously.
Also, I freeze a wet washcloth and put in a ziplock bag. Tricks of the trade that I've learned over the years. Tomorrow last day it's hot but worth it.

Jubo: Outstanding report; fantastic! :9:

I made it a point to focus on the two action comments you made about the O-line.

Looks like Landon Turner has to be added to the Camp Beast list! :evilgrin:

Peat, on the other hand... :covri:

:gosaints:

Turner has shown some flashes. He did jump offsides today, but everyone does sometimes. They didn't run sprints today, probably due to heat, but ever since last year Peat really struggles in that part. And that speaks volumes. He is to me stiff and slow. Not saying there's not potential, and he could be great, but as of today, not based on today, but all days leading up to today, I say give Turner a shot.

Williams has looked very good in coverage, he seems determined, lots of effort. I'm thinking I want him opposite Breaux.

Reggie or Vonn Bell? I have each in my notes as making a play one yesterday and one today. Probably more from Vonn, but I tend to look at defense more.

The play I saw where he blew his guy up he was on the right side. Sometimes it's hard to see who else lines up, on the side opposite you, this time they were moving left to right so I could see the right side of the line better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom