Training camp observations Tuesday (1 Viewer)

The play I saw where he blew his guy up he was on the right side. Sometimes it's hard to see who else lines up, on the side opposite you, this time they were moving left to right so I could see the right side of the line better.

I've only seen him on the right side but I don't key on him during games too much

Just saw on Twitter that Unger, Edabali, and Lelito left practice. I totally think this was from heat, these are the players I noticed who seemed to be very hot, as mentioned in OP.
I don't think it was cramps, it was the heat and getting dizzy and shaky, none acted like cramping, more like they might pass out. But I am no doctor, it just seemed very obvious what the issue was from my perspective. It was brutal today. They don't take enough water breaks, IMO, and would it kill them to have a cooling tent? Many players out there for 3 hours plus today.

And people wonder why we hold camp up in West Virginia.

Might just be because you get more work done when you're not in threat of passing out from heat stroke.

Oh, but that heat will make them tougher come December, right?

And people wonder why we hold camp up in West Virginia.

Might just be because you get more work done when you're not in threat of passing out from heat stroke.

Oh, but that heat will make them tougher come December, right?

I see your points. I was there for two a days in Jackson, much closer to my house than here. Went to practice every morning and every afternoon, never missed. I would get hot, and my clothes would be soaked, would come home shower, and go back in the afternoon to repeat.

Been to camps here in Nola for years and it's hot always, but today was the first time in all these years that I actually felt "strange" Got back to hotel, showered, drank lots of water walked out to pool and started seeing spots immediately, so I came back inside. That was well after I had written about players taking knee and looking shaky out there today.

Today was really the first time I truly don't hate WVirigina anymore. I don't know how those players that are so much bigger than me, with so much more clothes on, (you know what I mean, not a tank top and shorts but pads/shells, and uniforms, just the helmets alone...) and they are actually playing football, not just sitting on bleacher. And if I saw spots hours later, what do they feel like now?

I agree, you can work more and longer when passing out is not a worry. I was concerned about that today for several players. It's kinda scary.

Byrd jumping higher than a 6'6" Coleman. smh.

and also S. Anthony back at practice?
Report actually was that the ball was not thrown high so there was no jump needed. QB did not put it up above defender.

Coleman didn't jump at all, but Byrd did. Maybe Byrd just jumped in front of 16, but I know his feet were off the ground when he made catch. Very possible, or it appeared to me that Byrd's head was above Coleman's head.

You're exactly right ball was not over WR's head. Byrd's head/shoulders were, but arms down around top of chest of Coleman. Don't think Coleman got his arms out, maybe because Byrd was in the way.

Good clarification there, I probably wasn't clear. I wish I could act it out. It probably sounded like Byrd jumped up to catch a high ball. His body was high but the ball wasn't. Thanks.

13502919-standard.jpg

Something like that?

Just saw on Twitter that Unger, Edabali, and Lelito left practice. I totally think this was from heat, these are the players I noticed who seemed to be very hot, as mentioned in OP.
I don't think it was cramps, it was the heat and getting dizzy and shaky, none acted like cramping, more like they might pass out. But I am no doctor, it just seemed very obvious what the issue was from my perspective. It was brutal today. They don't take enough water breaks, IMO, and would it kill them to have a cooling tent? Many players out there for 3 hours plus today.

Yeah they better start protecting those big investments. I am surprised the coaches, or team mangers don't prepare for the heat with cooling tents, and these coaches have been around long enough to know about taking more water breaks. I wouldn't want to be the head coach if one of those big guys drops and never gets up. Common sense Coach. Use it.

13502919-standard.jpg

Something like that?

Lol. Yeah, kinda. Coleman was straight, not turned and Byrd's legs were straight, not curled up. Byrd's back was more square to Coleman's chest. But, it was kinda like that, where DB's head was taller than WR's.

Great pic! I don't even remember that. But I like it!

Like Dennis Allen says, not turnovers, but take aways. He definitely took that. Thanks!

Reminds me of my younger days when coaches didn't know squat about physiology (60's and 70's). They firmly believed that practicing in 90-100 degree weather for three hours with no water breaks toughened you up. If it was particularly hot, we would get one water break, and you only got one dixie cup of water, just enough to wash the dust out of your mouth. But they believed in salt pills like they were magic.... are you hot, woosey, and thirsty, take a couple of salt pills. LOL

I never forget one year I transferred schools, so I missed the two weeks of two a days in shorts and shells. So my first day at practice (and I'm no where close to being in shape after goofing off all summer) was full pads, full contact, and late during practice I'm in my stance and suddenly everything goes black. I could not see, I thought I had gone completely blind. It was one of the scariest things I'd ever had happen. It wasn't black spots, it was total blackness. I couldn't see anything at all.

Sat out a couple of plays until my vision came back, then thrown right back out there. Ran a couple plays, and I go blind again. I imagine my brain and optic nerves overheated to the point I could not see anything at all. Once again, sit a couple plays until my vision comes back. This time the coach did ask me if I ever had any heart problems, I tell him no, and I'm ready to go back out there. Those were the days, and we were lucky to live through them, lol.

Reminds me of my younger days when coaches didn't know squat about physiology (60's and 70's). They firmly believed that practicing in 90-100 degree weather for three hours with no water breaks toughened you up. If it was particularly hot, we would get one water break, and you only got one dixie cup of water, just enough to wash the dust out of your mouth. But they believed in salt pills like they were magic.... are you hot, woosey, and thirsty, take a couple of salt pills. LOL

I never forget one year I transferred schools, so I missed the two weeks of two a days in shorts and shells. So my first day at practice (and I'm no where close to being in shape after goofing off all summer) was full pads, full contact, and late during practice I'm in my stance and suddenly everything goes black. I could not see, I thought I had gone completely blind. It was one of the scariest things I'd ever had happen. It wasn't black spots, it was total blackness. I couldn't see anything at all.

Sat out a couple of plays until my vision came back, then thrown right back out there. Ran a couple plays, and I go blind again. I imagine my brain and optic nerves overheated to the point I could not see anything at all. Once again, sit a couple plays until my vision comes back. This time the coach did ask me if I ever had any heart problems, I tell him no, and I'm ready to go back out there. Those were the days, and we were lucky to live through them, lol.

Dayumn...um, I ran cross country...it was fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom