Training Camp QB competition thread [MERGED] (5 Viewers)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Felt like it might be better to bring the QB debate over to another thread so we don’t clutter the update thread. I’ll keep this first post factual with some updates, then we can all discuss and debate our opinions throughout the thread.

Starting with Day 1:

Day 2:

Full disclosure: I’ve said a number of times I think Jameis is the better option for a variety of reasons.

With that said, I want whoever wins the job to succeed and lead this team to another Lombardi. So if it becomes clear that Taysom overtakes Jameis and puts him in the rear view, I’ll be fully on the Taysom train.

With that said...

Jameis clearly “won” day 1 and showed a lot of poise and composure in day 2. Only two incompletions were on plays that would’ve been called pass interference. And he’s showing a willingness to take what’s there.

Taysom was okay on day 1 and improved on day 2. Sounds like he’s been more decisive in camp than he was during games, which may be his biggest area for improvement. If he keeps doing that, he could make this a race.

Through two days, I like where Jameis is. But it’s also impossible to know too much with him running with the 2s. Really curious to see what happens when the roles are reversed.

Full disclosure: I’ve said a number of times I think Jameis is the better option for a variety of reasons.

With that said, I want whoever wins the job to succeed and lead this team to another Lombardi. So if it becomes clear that Taysom overtakes Jameis and puts him in the rear view, I’ll be fully on the Taysom train.

With that said...

Jameis clearly “won” day 1 and showed a lot of poise and composure in day 2. Only two incompletions were on plays that would’ve been called pass interference. And he’s showing a willingness to take what’s there.

Taysom was okay on day 1 and improved on day 2. Sounds like he’s been more decisive in camp than he was during games, which may be his biggest area for improvement. If he keeps doing that, he could make this a race.

Through two days, I like where Jameis is. But it’s also impossible to know too much with him running with the 2s. Really curious to see what happens when the roles are reversed.
None of the camp is showing off Taysom's clear difference making advantages... his legs. Jameis has been sacked in camp more than Taysom since we're going to nit pick little things.

84806afeb5e20a1dd2374e95b62a5c2b.gif

Brees had some rough practices last year. So, I don't think it be that big of an uproar.
That was Brees though. There is a crazy divide amongst the Tameis fanboys. The pitchforks are already sharpened. Heaven forbid if Taysom takes off running to extend a play or if Jameis selects the crab legs at lunch

I’ll try to put some tweets from RedJem’s thread in here later when I get back from the beach. But sounds like a good day for Taysom and a meh day for Jameis.

The more competition the better. Love it.

With that said...

"And he’s showing a willingness to take what’s there"

If this holds true, he is the best option

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom