Training Camp QB competition thread [MERGED] (11 Viewers)

There seems to be a huge drop off in our 2nd string defense unit. So, I would probably stop trying to compare their performance on same day unless some really struggles against the 2nd unit. Start examining their performance against the 1st unit more closely and comparative.

2nd Unit reps are more exploratory evaluation due to the apparent drop off in competition.

As it stands reps should be compared

1s vs. 1s
2s vs. 2s

Winston and Hill have been exceptional against the 2nd unit. They been more spotty against the 1s.

There seems to be a huge drop off in our 2nd string defense unit. So, I would probably stop trying to compare their performance on same day unless some really struggles against the 2nd unit. Start examining their performance against the 1st unit more closely and comparative.

2nd Unit reps are more exploratory evaluation due to the apparent drop off in competition.

As it stands reps should be compared

1s vs. 1s
2s vs. 2s

Winston and Hill have been exceptional against the 2nd unit. They been more spotty against the 1s.
One more spotty than the other it appears

One more spotty than the other it appears
That’s debatable. It's pretty even so far. Needs another day to confirm this notion which it can happen. Winston still haven't thrown an interceptable pass, mostly off target that's a bit too high. So, he has that going for me.

Also, defense is getting better and better by the day. So, it's only an eventuality that both QB finally have a bad day. Drew had a handful of bad days last season.

Still... they aren't in pads. So, it's just a nice warm up session at best atm. I can't wait till Tuesday. I think it's really gonna be sink or swim beyond this point and only gets tougher from there.

Opinion only. We are better with Jameis starting and keeping Hill to do his thing. If he is TB Jameis bring in Hill. Somehow I think SP is thinking the opposite

Opinion only. We are better with Jameis starting and keeping Hill to do his thing. If he is TB Jameis bring in Hill. Somehow I think SP is thinking the opposite
I want to see Hill do his thing with reckless abandon. See a lane, take it and truck the DB. If Hill gets banged up, Winston is solid and the Saints roll on.

The Saints don’t want to lose Taysom in 22 if he leaves to chase his QB1 dream (while keeping the same ol’ below average Jameis). So Winston is going to have to win QB1 without a doubt to end the Taysom Hill experiment. The only way Taysom stays as a gadget guy in 22 is if he gets that chance to start and he falls short.

Stock Watch: Jalen Dalton has been flashing a good bit on the interior, while Jalen McCleskey and Juwan Johnson are some to keep an eye on. We talked about Dalton previously as one to watch, and so far he's been a strong presence.

Another player brought up before camp started to keep an eye on as far as young players ready to contribute and make a name for themselves on their respective units.

The Saints don’t want to lose Taysom in 22 if he leaves to chase his QB1 dream (while keeping the same ol’ below average Jameis). So Winston is going to have to win QB1 without a doubt to end the Taysom Hill experiment. The only way Taysom stays as a gadget guy in 22 is if he gets that chance to start and he falls short.
Interesting decision to be sure. I just love the potential JW brings. Super talented. He put in a DB like offseason. I dream about the light bulb going off in his head coupled with that talent. He talked yesterday a lot about learning from DB. Then there’s TH and the extra dimensions he brings. Again interesting decision

Interesting decision to be sure. I just love the potential JW brings. Super talented. He put in a DB like offseason. I dream about the light bulb going off in his head coupled with that talent. He talked yesterday a lot about learning from DB. Then there’s TH and the extra dimensions he brings. Again interesting decision
Definitely interesting. I think the Saints will lean toward trying Taysom first knowing that if Jameis starts he might not turn the job loose, and then they lose Taysom in 22.

Definitely interesting. I think the Saints will lean toward trying Taysom first knowing that if Jameis starts he might not turn the job loose, and then they lose Taysom in 22.
Que? I don't think they can play that game given the contract situation. One of them is going to be gone after this year and stabilizing the position is more of a priority.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom