Training Camp questions??? (1 Viewer)

I expect practice to resume shortly...

Clear sky's ahead, bad weather passed... As the thunder and lightening is cracking behind us now...

How does the other undrafted receivers that haven't been mentioned look so far? And what about Jack Allen and Landon Turner? Do they look promising?

I'm not sure how hard they will get after it today but I'm curious about Allen and Turner myself... After reviewing the game closely on Friday, Allen looked good to me, Turner and Lilito struggle in in pass pro, each had a couple occasions where guys ran by them... Both looked solid in the run game...

I know this is silly to even say but I was most impressed with Allen where he drew a holding call... It was a hold but he handled a LARGE defender who's name escapes me right now, a good NFL DT...

Thanx for the insights...i nice recap at the end of the day i think is what most of would like to see, we are grateful for any inside observations... a lot of focus on the OL now with Armstead's return and we don't have much time left to get this figured out.

cheers

Thanx for the insights...i nice recap at the end of the day i think is what most of would like to see, we are grateful for any inside observations... a lot of focus on the OL now with Armstead's return and we don't have much time left to get this figured out.

cheers

One of my first observations was the absolute dominance of Armstead... In the one on one drills, he went up against Edebali (who I'm impressed with) and **** it completely down... Then he did the same with OG...

At that point, I figured my attention was better served observing some other guys... Lol

Yes Armstead is dominant..Armstead-Unger-Strief look like locks at this stage...if you can keep an eye out at the G positions i would like to get your take on that.
Who is best at pass blocking is the real question, Kelemete, Lelito, Peat etc, are all good at run blocking. thanks

a couple of impressive moments yesterday...

One, Brees was running a 7 on 7, the ball is snapped and my eyes immediately go to the route concepts and coverage. As the routs develops, I think "good coverage" cuz I didn't notice anyone breaking opena nd a the seconds tick off the ball isn't thrown, I look back to see Brees pumping and moving... Keep in mind, it's 7 on 7 and there is no pass rush. Then he takes off running, in opposed for the 1st down...

Now, I realize this may not seem to be that big of a deal but put it in perspective... As skillful and accurate as Drew is, how good must the coverage have been for him to tuck and run instead of at least trying to drop one in to someone...

The 2nd was a play we've all seen during team. It's a goal line play where drew immediate look down field to pass, fakes a delayed draw and pulls the ball out to pass... He ran this play but held the ball and as the pressure arrives, he flings it to the back of the CORNER of the endzone where Mike Tomas is standing the with a defender standing pretty much in front of him... Tomas jumps and the ball just goes off his outstretched fingertips...

Again, on the surface, without being able see the play and the difficulty, it may be hard to imagine. But the play is on the goal line and everything is happening at light speed, he's spinning and faking and moving and in an instant, with pressure bearing down on him, with no time to reset his feet, he flicks the ball to the BACK CORNER of the end zone just off of the outstretched hand of a 6'3" receiver with a defender in front of him... Had Tomas been an inch taller, it could have been a TD, has the ball been 6" lower, it would be an interception...

I don't know if I painted the proper picture for you but I was amazed by this busted play...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom