Training for CCC in 30Days (1 Viewer)

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I have just decided to enter the Crescent City Classic.

It’s on the 20th of April.

I want to run/jog it. I’m not much of a runner. I rarely even jog for exercise.
That said, I’m in okay shape. 52 years old. Not overweight at 6’1” 188 lbs and workout 2-3 times a week.

I like the idea of training for something though. It keeps me focused. I want to be able to jog the whole thing. I’ve set a goal of 1 &1/2 hours.

I’ve already had a few runs and struggle to get 3 miles. I did 3 miles in 45 mins last thrs. I was pretty tired. After that, I started to wonder if I’d ever get to 6 miles.
Is this even possible?
Is jogging on a treadmill adequate training?
Can anyone suggest a good training regiment?

I'm sure this was meant for the EE board.

When you're out running and get tired, start running power/light poles. Walk from one power/light pole to the next and run to the next pole(alternating run and walk), but when you do the run interval, run a little faster than your normal jog. This will give you a breather and you will not loose a bunch of time over the distance being run. The CCC route has some good pole spacing when you get near City Park.

Last edited:
I'd do this, too, but I am not that crazy. I need to start running again but this would be nuts.

• 1Like
Reactions: You
30 days is tight. check out hal higdon training plans. the shortest is 8 weeks though

i'd run outside over treadmill. you need to get used to running in heat/wind. running at a 9 minute pace inside in the AC watching tv on a treadmill is a little different than running a 9 minute pace, in the heat, with wind blowing against you and cars driving by, watching for dogs running free/etc.

Gradually increase the distances you run each training day. When you feel you want to stop, pick UP speed for maybe 100m, then walk again. SOON as u start to catch your breath, give another go

• 1Like
Reactions: You
Is jogging on a treadmill adequate training?

Not in my experience. I was able to run 5 miles at 5 mph on a treadmill. Couldn't make it 1 mile on a track when I tried. I think they do a lot more work for you than you realize. Better than nothing, but unless you have to actually move your body weight, I don't think you get the full benefit.

Maybe if it has an incline setting? :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom