Trans athletes make great gains, yet resentment still flares (11 Viewers)

What does biology tell us?
It does not tell us that all biological males are more ‘athletic’ than all biological females
No, but I do think it's reasonable to state that the most athletic males males are significantly more 'athletic' than the most athletic females. That probably would be a better representation of the 2 groups to compare.

No, but I do think it's reasonable to state that the most athletic males males are significantly more 'athletic' than the most athletic females. That probably would be a better representation of the 2 groups to compare.
Serena Williams would get smashed by the top 300 men's players. So yes, while she would obliterate me, a pretty good male player would take her. And were said male player to cut off his pecker, he would still be able to beat her.

Serena Williams would get smashed by the top 300 men's players. So yes, while she would obliterate me, a pretty good male player would take her. And were said male player to cut off his pecker, he would still be able to beat her.
Yeah, I'd like to see an NBA All-Star team play a WNBA All-Star team. Well...nah, that would just be silly. But unless it's something like, I dunno, archery or sharpshooting, it's not going to be close when pitting the top males vs top females.

I'm all for giving trans people full access to sports. I just don't have a good answer for how to accomplish that while being fair to everyone involved.

I wonder how this debate goes in a Middle East or African country.

Oof_Stones_Banner.jpg

That's why I'm all for this. We're already falling behind in men's events because the rest of the world is working harder and training harder. But our women are still achieving at a high level because we're ahead of Asia and the Africa in terms of women's access to decent training. But imagine how great we'll be if we're early to stocking the women's events with men! Our medal count will be off the charts. New Zealand is ahead of us at the moment, but with some work, I think we can take the lead on this.

at least try to pretend to understand what the trans issues are
the 'pecker' comment is completely unnecessary and reductive

at least try to pretend to understand what the trans issues are
the 'pecker' comment is completely unnecessary and reductive

Yeah, I do think there is a transition period where trans will probably not be allowed to participate. There would need to be some sort of committee or board who can adjudicate when a trans person has completed the process and becomes eligible to participate, particularly in women's sports.

Just looking at biological sex is only a part of the overall picture and issues.

What does biology tell us?
It does not tell us that all biological males are more ‘athletic’ than all biological females
Regardless of what it tells us, I don't see how we get "more scientific." It's already thoroughly scientific.

Weight divisions in boxing and wrestling and ultimate fighting ought to be adjusted for muscle mass. The science is there. It would make it more fair for those who have too much fat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom