Trans athletes make great gains, yet resentment still flares (5 Viewers)

the idea that there is no reason to believe that trans identity will increase in any significant (in terms of numbers) way
I could be wrong, but I think the numbers will increase simply because the procedures for transitioning are more available than 10 years ago, and with more availability and understanding, you'll see a real increase in the numbers. It's not so much that there aren't more or less of them, but more will actually undergo the transition because it's becoming more accepted. It wasn't all that long ago when insurance wouldn't cover sex change procedures, but today, they are covered.

Just curious but, are there any female atheletes that are transitioning to male and competing in male only sports? This is a serious question because all I've seen are males transitioning to female and competing in female only sports?

I thought we were talking about transgender participation, not identification.
I would expect an increase in identification would mean an increase in participation.

Also likely, some already participating may be among the new identifying.

Just curious but, are there any female atheletes that are transitioning to male and competing in male only sports? This is a serious question because all I've seen are males transitioning to female and competing in female only sports?

It happens, It just doesn't carry the same "outrage"

I would expect an increase in identification would mean an increase in participation.

Also likely, some already participating may be among the new identifying.
And it's not just an increase in identification. It's also an increase in numbers actually going through with the transition.

Yeah, I'm sure it's rare, but transitioning to a man also requires hormone therapy as well, and an excess amount can act in a way similar to those who dope to get stronger, bigger and faster or whatever. But yeah, certainly not as much attention paid to those making transition to male.

I started reading the article, read more than half, but still I could not find what exactly are they winning at, or if they are winning at all.

Using steroids, sure, they'll be able to hang, but not dominate, unless they pump themselves past a certain level, which is a problem in on itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom