Transcript: Michael Hodges conference call - Thursday, June 11 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1591911423704.png
New Orleans Saints linebackers coach speaks to local media

Link to Video on Youtube

By New Orleans Saints

How big of a transition is it for you going from assistant linebackers coach to linebackers coach?

"My position, being that it's in the same building, it's less of a jump if I were to have gone to another club. And so the fact that the players know me and I know the players, I know the scheme, those things all kind of align and it's made this transition much smoother than what it would normally be if I had to go to a new club. There are a bunch of differences as far as, now it's my decision on some of the things that we do in there and mostly how we teach and that's what it's exciting. I get to kind of slide back into that teacher role more than I was before. And that's what I thrive off of. I love that part of it and so that's the biggest change and man been a lot of fun so far. I've enjoyed it."

Does that translate to a more assertive voice, a more authoritative voice? Do you feel like you have pretty much the same relationship with the players as before?
"Well, I think the relationship was established before. It was just now I am the one in front of him a little bit more and Mike Nolan was really great about allowing me to be a part of that teaching process. And it was very much a partnership between him and I. The difference is who's leading it now. Now I'm in the lead and Michael Wilhoite is my partner and we're doing this thing together. So that is really the change. My voice will not change. I don't think of myself as an authoritative person? I see myself as a tool and as an educator and that's how I approach it."

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom