Transcript: President Bush on Hannity & Colmes (1 Viewer)

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
"Nancy Pelosi, you're mentally unstable. Harry Reid called you a loser in front of schoolchildren. Ted Kennedy has called you're a liar. He's said you concocted the war for political gain. Al Gore screamed at the top of his lungs...(LAUGHTER)... that you betrayed your country. When you hear that — these are the leaders, the prominent leaders of the Democrats — does that offend you? Does that bother you? What does that say to you?
- Sean Hannity questioning President Bush

President Bush Discusses Midterms; War on Terror Strategy With Sean Hannity
Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," October 30, 2006, that has been edited for clarity.

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: And welcome to "Hannity & Colmes." Thank you for being with us. I'm Sean Hannity.

Earlier today, I joined President Bush at a campaign stop in Statesboro, Georgia, for an exclusive interview:

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

HANNITY: Mr. President, great to see you again.

GEORGE W. BUSH, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: Yes, sir. Thanks.

HANNITY: All right, so there you are. You think the GOP holds both houses. You're confident. You made the statement that your opponents, Democrats, are picking out the drapes a little bit too early.

BUSH: That's right.

Well, you know, in 2002, a lot of the pundits didn't get the off-year elections right. In 2004, a lot of people thought I was going down eight days before the election. And in 2006, there is a lot of predictors saying that, you know, the Democrats will sweep the House and maybe take the Senate.

READ MORE
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226406,00.html

Don't believe I've ever seen a more biased interview ... at least O'Reilly asked a few tough questions.

The "& Colmes" should be removed from that.

The "& Colmes" should be removed all the time. He's only there so Hannity can have someone to beat on every evening. Colmes couldn't hold his own in an 8th grade debate... which is why he's on the show.

photo.jpg

Bill O'Reily, Bush, and Sean Hannity

>>The "& Colmes" should be removed all the time. He's only there so Hannity can have someone to beat on every evening. Colmes couldn't hold his own in an 8th grade debate... which is why he's on the show.

I disagree. I listened to his radio show back in the late 80's/early 90's and have read some of his editorials. He's also not really that bad on H&C, it's just that he's far too soft spoken and gentlemanly for that type of exchange program. They need to bring Tom Braden back from the grave to fight again. :)

TPS

>>The "& Colmes" should be removed all the time. He's only there so Hannity can have someone to beat on every evening. Colmes couldn't hold his own in an 8th grade debate... which is why he's on the show.

I disagree. I listened to his radio show back in the late 80's/early 90's and have read some of his editorials. He's also not really that bad on H&C, it's just that he's far too soft spoken and gentlemanly for that type of exchange program. They need to bring Tom Braden back from the grave to fight again. :)

TPS

There's a difference between having your own radio show or writing editorials and being on a pundit debate show though. Colmes has good ideas and information but he's not able to articulate well on the fly and he's not good at point / counter point. Add to that the fact that he has as much charisma as a peice of plywood and it makes him a sitting duck on a debate show where the other guy is a charismatic all American boy who's arguments are merely simplistic repeated talking points. Also, Colmes is frankly pretty moderate and they have him paired up with Capt. Partisan which makes it seem like his "side" is weak because he won't sink to childish refusal to face facts in defense of his party.

I used to catch his radio show out here and it was good but they don't have it on anymore (was it canceled?). I haven't read any of his editorials but he seems like a bright guy just not much of a debater. I actually think he might be better on his own news show ala Beck but he's just not the right guy for a H & C type show. However, I do firmly believe that's why he's there... so FOX could give Hannity a punching bag that looks just like the geek we all slapped around in High School. That's precisely the image of the "left" they want to present.

I don't disagree with that. He does, occasionally, get pretty ticked off and calls b.s. on the other side. It's just not often enough.

But like I said, bring back old leather-face:

JFKbraden3.jpg

Who else could royally **** off Pat Buchanan and Bob Novak every night? Maybe the ever-obnoxious James Carville could fill the bill because he's as slick as the slickest right-winger out there. :shrug: They also have Bob Beckel on staff who used to fill in for Braden, and he's very knowledgable without being abrasive ala Juan Williams or Carville. Mara Lisason is too smart, and though liberal, does present journalistic integrity (something missing from all the Big 3 = left, Fox = right debates).

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom