Transcript: Sean Payton OTA Media Availability 5-23-19 (1 Viewer)

• Admin
NewOrleansSaints.com

New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton
OTA #3 Media Availability
Thursday, May 23, 2019

Early impressions of Jared Cook?

“He is picking it up. I thought he had a good rookie camp (first week of OTAs). He's smart. Obviously there's a lot that goes on with that position. But, he's someone that has played long enough and there are some nuances (that are different here), but he's done well. Look, what he did in Oakland was similar to a lot of the things we do formationally. But he's smart and he has range, you see his route savviness and his ability to get in and out of cuts. The best thing he does is run after the catch. It's hard to measure that out here when we're not tackling, but he's real good that way.“

And it's just his years in the league. I'm guessing when you talk to him it's different than talking (to a rookie). Especially coming off an OTA. He's been around a while, right?

“He has been utilized in different ways. He is explosive. He runs extremely well. I think he’s in good shape. It's the first time that he and Drew (Brees) are working together and you know they'll get a ton of reps and a ton of work in between now and when we get started in the end of July.”

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom