TRAP GAME! or is it just me? (1 Viewer)

It is just you, there are no TRAP games, when you have a Saints team that is approaching all the games the same.

seriously...if looking ahead is so important then the Dolphins are looking ahead because we play our biggest rival next week.

All of these guys are pros.

The Phins play at the Jets next week. Why would the Saints be looking ahead any more than Miami would be?

I think it can be a trap game. We're coming off of a big game against the undefeated Giants, then go on the road to Miami, and have our biggest rival on MNF next week. It's the definition of a trap game if you ask me.

But, I get the sense that this team is different than any Saints team before it. They will not overlook the Dolphins. And even if they do, we still have the talent on both sides of the ball to win a squeaker. I wouldn't worry about it.

Considering there have been multiple threads on this, then I would have to say no. It's definitely not just you.

It's the definition of a trap game if you ask me.
No, the definition is a really, really, terribly undermanned team in between very good ones. It is a term that is at home in college, not the NFL, really. In the NFL rarely a Lions or Rams team can be bad enough to qualify, but it's quite rare. A true "trap" game is Florida playing Miami of Ohio in between games with LSU and Alabama. To be a "trap game" the opponent in between has to be so laughably bad and the "trapped" team so incredibly dominant that the only possible explanation for the loss is that the team lost focus.

Losing minor focus to a slightly lesser opponent before a good game is not a trap, it's just another NFL game.

Miami is not a terrible team, and there are plenty of ways they could beat us without "focusing on the Falcons" as the only logical explanation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom