Trapped in an Elevator for 41 hours: Condensed Video. (1 Viewer)

From the video, which doesn't show everything they could have been doing...but it doesn't seem like they put much effort into getting him out....On the same subject, it didn't seem like he did much in an attempt to get out either. I was stuck in my dorm's elevator like 10 times one year (no seriously, I don't know how they claimed it was a working elevator...I eventually just walked the 10 flights cause it was faster most of the time)...If the car was stopped just perfect that opening the doors didn't provide an exit, I just went out the top. Maybe that elevator didn't provide such escape routes though

Yeah, if not for the adjacent ladders it almost seems like he was trapped over a week-end.

After 5 hours, there's like a 100% chance I would need to relieve myself. 41 hours? Please...

After 5 hours, there's like a 100% chance I would need to relieve myself. 41 hours? Please...

Maybe they edited that out? Sure looks like there was no need for #2 though...

If you read the story about the event, you will find that he did actually urinate while in the elevator (by opening the door and going out). It also appears that the whole event was pretty traumatic.

Yeah, if not for the adjacent ladders it almost seems like he was trapped over a week-end.

The article that goes with the video begins:

The longest smoke break of Nicholas White’s life began at around eleven o’clock on a Friday night in October, 1999.

The article is in the April 21 New Yorker, which ironically enough is a special travel issue called "Journeys." (I received mine yesterday and so far I have only read an interesting architectural review of the new airport terminals in Beijing, Heathrow, and a postive review of the new Portishead album.) The entire article is currently available on the New Yorker website at

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/04/21/080421fa_fact_paumgarten?currentPage=all

Note: their usual practice is to leave articles up only while the current edition is on the newsstands, so ths link may work only for a week or so. Be warned: although the guy did get out of the elevator, the story does not have a happy ending.

From the video, which doesn't show everything they could have been doing...but it doesn't seem like they put much effort into getting him out....On the same subject, it didn't seem like he did much in an attempt to get out either. I was stuck in my dorm's elevator like 10 times one year (no seriously, I don't know how they claimed it was a working elevator...I eventually just walked the 10 flights cause it was faster most of the time)...If the car was stopped just perfect that opening the doors didn't provide an exit, I just went out the top. Maybe that elevator didn't provide such escape routes though

kirby phi kirby

Man, that is disturbing.

I'm certainly not a litigious person, but there's a suit in there somewhere.

According to the story, he never went back to his job, sued for 25 million, settled for less than six figures, blew thru the money and is now currently unemployed.

According to the story, he never went back to his job, sued for 25 million, settled for less than six figures, blew thru the money and is now currently unemployed.

If he's that stupid we may have to consider the possibility that it simply never occurred to him to press the "Open Door" button...

>>I was thinking the same thing. What if he wanked it while he was in there on camera. That would have sucked.

:cheer: :luxhello: :cheer:

TPS

This whole story disturbs me. In fact it bothers me more then the Abortion women thread some other guy put up earlier in the day. If it seems strange and if you were to ask me why, I could not give you a honest answer.

41 hours? I would have to be put in a local hospital for observation if I was in their that long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom