travelling professions (1 Viewer)

You know who likes to travel for work?? Men (and probably women, too) who cheat.

Sat next to a guy on a flight to Denver like 2 years ago - traveling software salesman - who started chatting me up on the plane. He lived in Denver, had been in Austin all week for work; I lived in Austin and was traveling to Denver for a weekend with friends who live there. He's probably in his early 50's. Started asking me about what I do for work and other seemingly benign questions. Then he turns it up a notch and starts asking what it's like to date because he's married and still living with his wife but once their son who, at the time was like 16, graduated, he was leaving her and he had not the slightest idea what to expect when it happened.

I don't think he liked my reply of "well I have no clue what dating would be like at your age." He asked for my number as we were getting ready to deplane. I told him no. He was a nice looking older gentleman. I'm sure he had no problem finding women to hook up with. If I was closer to his age and he had never told me he was married, I probably would have given him my number.

Got hit on by another married guy who travels a lot for work with a similar story - also traveling sales guy. Still living with his wife and children but "getting a divorce" ....yawn. I've seen this movie before.

My colleague told me that at a conference in Miami she was walking behind one of our big bosses and another guy on our team and overheard the big boss say "look around here ....don't all these beautiful women make you want to cheat?" and my teammate said "no, not ever" then they turned around and saw my girl teammate and she said the big boss barely spoke to her the rest of the week they were all there.

Gross. No thank you sirs...I don't want any part of your community peen.

Last edited:
It gets old and I've come to hate it.

Hotel rooms used to be a fun thing.

Usually it's once a month but lately it's been every week.

My internets wife has started to complain.

I used to travel a bunch. Starting in college I'd fly around on standby to go wherever there was something to do. Then for work for a year before I started my own thing i traveled to Europe and Britain and extensively in the US for trade shows. I still travel a bunch now though I have really limited it as it's no longer fun.

I got back last night after 10 days in HI and I have to admit that 12 hours on a plane takes more of a toll on me than I like. So, save the once every year or two family vacay that requires flying I won't do it unless it's lucrative and I'm glad I've got the freedom to choose.

You know who likes to travel for work?? Men (and probably women, too) who cheat.

Why ya gotta be so cynical? There may be some truth in what you’re saying, but i can only speak for myself- most of the years i was traveling a ton, i had a serious live-in girlfriend, and never cheated.. We’re (mostly) anonymous here, so i dont care if you believe me or not.. For me, the appeal was in getting to stay in new places, collecting hotel points and the free food/expense account.

Sat next to a guy on a flight to Denver like 2 years ago - traveling software salesman - who started chatting me up on the plane. He lived in Denver, had been in Austin all week for work; I lived in Austin and was traveling to Denver for a weekend with friends who live there. He's probably in his early 50's. Started asking me about what I do for work and other seemingly benign questions. Then he turns it up a notch and starts asking what it's like to date because he's married and still living with his wife but once their son who, at the time was like 16, graduated, he was leaving her and he had not the slightest idea what to expect when it happened.

I don't think he liked my reply of "well I have no clue what dating would be like at your age." He asked for my number as we were getting ready to deplane. I told him no. He was a nice looking older gentleman. I'm sure he had no problem finding women to hook up with. If I was closer to his age and he had never told me he was married, I probably would have given him my number.

Got hit on by another married guy who travels a lot for work with a similar story - also traveling sales guy. Still living with his wife and children but "getting a divorce" ....yawn. I've seen this movie before.

My colleague told me that at a conference in Miami she was walking behind one of our big bosses and another guy on our team and overheard the big boss say "look around here ....don't all these beautiful women want to make you cheat?" and my teammate said "no, not ever" then they turned around and saw my girl teammate and she said the big boss barely spoke to her the rest of the week they were all there.

Gross. No thank you sirs...I don't want any part of your community peen.
my gf and i had an 'agreement' :angryrazz:

Ha.. that’s fine, my relationship wasnt that way, but different strokes.. As long as both parties are aware and okay with it, i dont see a problem.
it was a matter of necessity as much as anything - she was in Rotterdam and i was where ever -we'd go months without seeing each other

Why ya gotta be so cynical? There may be some truth in what you’re saying, but i can only speak for myself- most of the years i was traveling a ton, i had a serious live-in girlfriend, and never cheated.. We’re (mostly) anonymous here, so i dont care if you believe me or not.. For me, the appeal was in getting to stay in new places, collecting hotel points and the free food/expense account.

I said men who cheat like to travel for work. What I didn't say: All men who travel for work cheat.

I said men who cheat like to travel for work. What I didn't say: All men who travel for work cheat.
tangentially to what you said
i've had a number of graduating seniors or freshmen in college who came back reporting that their parents were splitting up
seemed to me that parents were getting out of 15-35 years of focusing on kids and look at their spouse and are like 'who the **** are you?'

or they got married in their 20s and still had oats to sow, but held off and now they're 50 trying to recapture their 20s
either way it's pretty sad

tangentially to what you said
i've had a number of graduating seniors or freshmen in college who came back reporting that their parents were splitting up
seemed to me that parents were getting out of 15-35 years of focusing on kids and look at their spouse and are like 'who the **** are you?'

or they got married in their 20s and still had oats to sow, but held off and now they're 50 trying to recapture their 20s
either way it's pretty sad

Not surprising. People get married, become parents and then their lives revolve entirely around their kids and they forget who they are as individuals and as a couple outside of the kids and make little effort to ensure that over the years those needs outside of the kids are addressed as well.

As with most things, balance is important and most people don't really put forth an effort to at least try to achieve some level of equity in their lives - which is also true of most anyone single, married, shacked up, etc.

One of my friends told me last week "That's why I like you...because you're a healthy boozer - you work out a ton and eat healthy but you still come out drinking with us sometimes."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom