Travis Barker (blink 182) drums to soulja boy *impressive* (1 Viewer)

Are you implying that you think Danny Carey is no better than Travis Barker?

My little friend wants to know. :elefant:

no no no no no. Read the post. it clearly says that the things that Travis Barker does are nothing special, and guys like Danny Carey or the drummer from Between The Buried and Me could do that and so much more. Barker is not that good, and would be nothing if it weren't for Blink-182 selling out and kicking their old (better punk style) drummer out of the band.

I do consider Danny Carey an average drummer.

I'm going to have to go ahead and expose you for saying controversial things just for the sake of garnering attention.

Perhaps you don't care for Carey's style, but the "average" drummer can't do things like this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HAg5-zn_qeA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HAg5-zn_qeA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

When I think average drummers, I think Travis Barker, Tommy Lee, John Otto, etc.

When I think great drummers, Carey's name pops up along with Bittner, Ulrich, etc.

When I think of elite drummers, I think of Peart, Bruford, and someone else like...

Now back to my point, if you are going to say he sucks compared to someone, use a better drummer, for example this guy who considers drums a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q45sg06K4yI

...this guy. (At least you recognize talent when you see it...sometimes. :9: )

Carey's better, but as I said he's still just average to me. But in all honestly I find Tool overrated as a whole.

Carey's better, but as I said he's still just average to me. But in all honestly I find Tool overrated as a whole.

:ugly9: You should be banned for saying both of those statements. Danny Carey is by no means average. Just saying that discredits any opinion you have on music from here on out.

You obviusly have a strange opinion on great drummers, or musicians for that matter.

So you're impressed by simple parlor tricks and drumrolls?

I'm not a Tool fanatic, but I recognize great talent when I see it, and Danny Carey has it. He's one of the better progressive metal/hard rock drummers in the business, and the fact that he's in a multi-platinum band makes it even more impressive that he is so good. Most "popular music" is crap. Buddy Rich is his idol, and he's hands down the best drummer ever. Not a shabby influence if you ask me.

You want an average drummer that is also over rated like Travis Barker, look no further than Dave Grohl. Now that's an average drummer at best.

I think you should look up some more info on rock drumming, and the different time signatures they play in. You'll find that Danny Carey works with some of the most intricate and difficult ones out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom