Tre’Quan Smith is proud to ‘call myself a Saint’ (1 Viewer)

• Admin
    snews.gif

By James Parks

Sean Payton said that the wide receiver was among the “must” positions on his list poised for an upgrade to the New Orleans Saints’ otherwise stable roster, and in the third round, the team addressed it with a widely acclaimed pick.

Former Central Florida wide receiver Tre’Quan Smith was the Saints’ No. 91 overall selection, to be thrust into a rotation that many analysts believe is the best in the NFL. Coming from a successful collegiate program, Smith says he has a good grasp of what it takes to make it as a pro.

“I’m a team player first of all,” he said. “I do what’s best for the teams. I am a hard worker, whatever the team needs me to do, I’m willing to do it. I make sacrifice. And also when you get a player like me, you get a person who is a good ball hog, who goes after the ball when it’s in the air, 50/50 ball they are mine, and a hustler. I love to make plays for my other teammates. The game is just bigger than me. If you want to win, it’s a team sport, you (have) to be selfless.”

Full Article -- 247 Sports

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
      Top Bottom