Tre’quan Smith (1 Viewer)

max

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Time to cut bait. Trade him for a tight end or whatever we can get. We’ve got too many good WRs that are either much better or have potential to develop more. Barring injuries at the position, if no one will trade for his contract, cut him.

Don’t give me the “he’s a great blocker” stuff.

1. Mike
2. Olave
3. Landry
4. Callaway - can’t let go of a guy who led the team in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns in just his 2nd year
5. Harty - speed and return ability
6. Dixon - rookie potential
7. Merritt - potential

TSQ is probably the biggest enigma on the offense IMHO. Has all the skills but none elite, except for his blocking?? Team signed him to a new 2yr deal this offseason but they also signed juiceman aye! and drafted a WR #1....unless he falls flat on his face he probably makes the sqad. His realistic competition for a spot is Callaway and by most observers Callaway has been just so-so there at camp. Remember, Callaway led the team WR stats by default and out of necessity. It wasn't because he was so dominant.

Time to cut bait. Trade him for a tight end or whatever we can get. We’ve got too many good WRs that are either much better or have potential to develop more. Barring injuries at the position, if no one will trade for his contract, cut him.

Don’t give me the “he’s a great blocker” stuff.

1. Mike
2. Olave
3. Landry
4. Callaway - can’t let go of a guy who led the team in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns in just his 2nd year
5. Harty - speed and return ability
6. Dixon - rookie potential
7. Merritt - potential
TQS >>>> Callaway

TSQ is probably the biggest enigma on the offense IMHO. Has all the skills but none elite, except for his blocking?? Team signed him to a new 2yr deal this offseason but they also signed juiceman aye! and drafted a WR #1....unless he falls flat on his face he probably makes the sqad. His realistic competition for a spot is Callaway and by most observers Callaway has been just so-so there at camp. Remember, Callaway led the team WR stats by default and out of necessity. It wasn't because he was so dominant.
I'll take Calloway based on last year over TQS any day. When the best thing you can say about a WR is he's a good blocker, that's a problem.

I'll take Calloway based on last year over TQS any day. When the best thing you can say about a WR is he's a good blocker, that's a problem.
I think the question for Callaway is the same: good player but what elite skill does he put out on display?? We're not asking TSQ or Callaway to be #1 or #2, so if we know you can't be that where is your value?? Olave is the Callaway/TSQ upgrade....which one is the backup? Blocking on run plays matter...

Y’all know y’all can’t get rid of Trequan. Even when he was a free agent, he came back lol

With Merritt and Dixon being pretty unknown we can stash them on the PS. I’m just glad we can afford for Trequan to be a WR4-6 when years past we had to desperate rely on him being WR2

That's not the point though. Calloway also drew the #1 CB. So, Calloway over achieved as an un drafted FA in his 2nd yr drawing #1 CB coverage, and still lead the team in yds and TDs. I think Calloway could do better than last yr, playing the 4th WR. He would not even draw #3 CB coverage, and he high points the ball as good as any WR on the team. He is great in the reds zone.

If it comes down to TQS and Calloway. I think Calloway wins out, because he offers KR ability on Special Teams. TQS doesn't offer anything on ST.

He also had the highest catch% of our WRs with 20+ targets last year at 64%. Calloway's was 54.8%.
Although he didn't have 20 targets, Lil Jordan had a 72% reception/catch rate last season (13 catches; 18 targets).

Callaway - about 2 out of 3
Lil Jordan - about 3 out of 4

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom