Tre Hendrickson... what do the Saints do with T-Rex? (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tre is due for a contract, but the question is... do you give him "premiere pass rusher" money?

T-Bob and Scooter bring up some interesting points on both sides.. what say y'all?

For those wondering about contract terms WWL had a PFF/Over the cap guy on yesterday. His prediction is 13 mil/yr for 4 years. He had Ram at 18mil/yr and Marcus Williams at 15mil yr.

I think he is heading to either Detroit, Atlanta, or Jacksonville.

I really don't see a way the Saints can keep him without him taking an extremely generous home town discount.

When everyone says we’re in salary cap hell, they’re wrong. But we DO have to make some tough choices.

My guess is that Hendrickson becomes our biggest casualty among starters. If I had to guess today, I would say:

Keep (re-sign or give a new deal)

Ram
Lattimore
J. Jenkins
M. Williams
—————————

Lose

Hendrickson
Rankins/Brown (I think we keep one. Probably Brown)
Sanders
Cook

Marcus Williams will be the tricky one. But my guess is that we will prioritize him over Hendrickson.

Last edited:
This is going to be a tough one! I just don't see how Loomis is going to be able to keep all of the key guys noted above. For my money RAM has to be signed as well as Lattimore as shut down corners are very hard to find. If a choice has to be made between Malcom Jenkins and Williams, I would opt for the young and ascending talent in Williams, but this is just my opinion. As for Hendrickson I sure hope we can keep him, but I am doubtful we will be able to this year. As least with his loss, should it happen, we have Granderson who flashed when given the chance this past year! Should be an interesting off season and one that wil test Loomis' acumen to the fullest.

Last edited:
I wouldn't overpay. Sack numbers don't tell the whole story. A situational rusher for over 10mil isn't in our budget. I personally don't see his run defense as strong enough to pay that much just for sack production. That being said, if we don't resign him we will have to fill that void. Same goes for Rankins.

I wonder if Granderson is ready for a bigger role and if we can get some production in the pass rush game from Baun since he did well in college. Maybe we can orchestrate a trade for a decent player or maybe that's where a draft pick goes. I know Loomis is a cap guru, but we have some holes to fill in order to be better than last year.

One thing for certain is that this is an important draft year and it is vital that N.O hits on some UDFA players again. The Saints have hit big on UDFA the last two years

Last edited:
He'd be nice to keep in the rotation, but there's no way we'll be able to pay what he'll be asking. If somehow we do pay him as a premier pass rusher, I'd probably be as equally, if not more shocked than I was when we gave Peat his mega contract.

For those wondering about contract terms WWL had a PFF/Over the cap guy on yesterday. His prediction is 13 mil/yr for 4 years. He had Ram at 18mil/yr and Marcus Williams at 15mil yr.
Marcus Williams at 15 mil a year? That's a lot
Honey Badger is at 14 mil and he ain't nowhere near HB.

Trey is nice but I’m not paying him 14-20 mil someone will throw at him in FA .

year production was great And he may be able to repeat it but 3 things to factor
He was used in rotation
His tackle numbers aren’t that great
And avg at best against the run
10-12 million should be what he gets but someone will pull up the Brinks truck

Marcus Williams is a Top 5 Free Safety
In his first 4 years he had more PD , INTs and Tackles than Tyrann had .
Tyrann is great so is Williams so idk where your logic comes from but there aren’t many better ballhawks than him in the NFL you remove Williams you will see disaster results on teams beating us over the Top

Yeah I was surprised how high it was. Keep in mind Mathieu signed his contract 2 years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom