Tre quan Smith (1 Viewer)

This is what Brees told him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tre&#39;Quan Smith said Drew Brees had a message for him after the 15-yard TD.<br><br>&quot;After that play, he was like, &#39;Why do you think I threw you the ball? I trust you.&#39; And (as) a rookie, that just made me so happy inside.&quot;</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Honestly, I think the Saints wanted to change up the game plan a little. Payton said earlier in the year that you have to do that to stay ahead of other teams planning to stop your offense. So instead of going with the short outs to Thomas all day, we pressed it downfield a lot today. Who's usually been taking the top off the defense this year? TQS!

well its that. The personnel the Eagles were left with due to injury I think dictated it. You knew if they threw everything at MT that it was going to leave guys that were on the street a month ago defending everyone else. It is a hell of a game regardless.

200w.gif

This is why I said we didn't have a problem at WR the past few weeks. These guys were going to get more touches when teams focused on Thomas. It was just a matter of time.

With Meredith going out, we needed depth so Dez/Marshall made perfect sense, but we have players at the position. TQS is coming into his own and Kirkwood looks like he could already be a #2 WR in this league.
The Eagles secondary was beyond bombed out and depleted. Yes, they did their thing, but until they can do this consistently, against healthy secondaries, then I’m still leaning towards wanting that veteran presence at WR.

This is what Brees told him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tre&#39;Quan Smith said Drew Brees had a message for him after the 15-yard TD.<br><br>&quot;After that play, he was like, &#39;Why do you think I threw you the ball? I trust you.&#39; And (as) a rookie, that just made me so happy inside.&quot;</p>&mdash; Josh Katzenstein (@jkatzenstein) <a href="">November 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

thats-my-quarterback-c839gl.jpg

Bridgewater to Marshall is the most dominant QB/WR duo in history to not be needed.

Brees and Tre'quan are finally on the same page, that Deep crosser where he kept working back to the ball was so veteran-esque.

This was good to see with teams starting to move coverage towards Michael Thomas.
To me, that was the most impressive thing he did all game. That ball was a little late and had he not worked back to it, the pass could have been picked. That was some "next level" play from the rook.

Don't mean to damper the excitement of Smith day, but I was wondering on the first long pass where they couldn't connect. Was that off target from Brees or was it that Smith should of kept on running instead of jumping too early?

It's impossible to know who to start on the Saints unless you only have Brees.

I have em all.
And we did take shots today, made sense as the Eagles had no secondary. Almost all of them hurt and we exploited that.

I said it in the offseason and I'll say it again: He's Josh Gordon on the football field. The lack of targets in previous games was more about game plan and Drew's first read being available. The Eagles made it a point to take Thomas away. Smith became the go to and he did his job.

This performance was not an anomoly. He'll continue to contribute WHEN called upon.

I have em all.
And we did take shots today, made sense as the Eagles had no secondary. Almost all of them hurt and we exploited that.
I think we took shots because Thomas is typically our possession receiver so he doesn't go post(al) often. Philly decided to pick their poison by doubling Mike and putting a good safety (Jenkins) on Kamara. Maybe the Eagles saw tape that Brees is only throwing short passes and assumed that Brees lacks the ability to get it downfield like he used to, and played tight coverage in the flat. That opened up the 15-30 yard spot and Brees proved their assumptions wrong.

When the Saints say they'll take what the defense gives them, there's no doubt about that. They will take it, and defenses can't stop it unless they can somehow disrupt the quickest release in the NFL by getting past arguably the best OL in the NFL. Defenses are pretty much dictating which Saints weapon is gonna get the fantasy points. It's kinda why I never drafted anybody from the Saints except Brees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom