Tre' White pens open letter to LSU fans (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Dear LSU,

As I write this, I'm preparing for my last week of school which means final exams at this awesome place that I now call home. You have no idea what being able to call you home for the past four years has done for my life. It's been a true blessing to have been given this opportunity.

I want to thank my coaches for coming to Shreveport to get a high school kid that not too many people had ever heard of. I never imagined that I would ever have an opportunity to come to a prestigious university like LSU to get an education and play the game that I love so much.

Getting a football scholarship from LSU was my way out of a poverty stricken neighborhood that was full of violence. All it took was one day on the LSU campus to realize how just how special this place is. I was treated like part of the family from Day 1.

My time here at LSU has been the best four years of my life, and if given the chance, I would do it all over again. When I first came to LSU, my thought was to play the best football that I could for three years and then go to the NFL so that I could give my family (mom, sister and two brothers) all that they wanted. My plan was to do all of the things for my family that my mom couldn't do for us while we were growing up.
I thought that was what college was about. Little did I know at the time that God had a much bigger plan for me and he showed me that LSU had so much more to offer.

LSU is where I made friends for a lifetime, including the three people I consider my best friends. I will be leaving LSU with a college degree, becoming one of the first people in my entire family to graduate from college. My hope is that by graduating from college I can set a great example for my younger brothers and sister to follow and hopefully inspire others who come from a similar background as me to get an education and make a difference in the world.

To the LSU fans, you are the greatest and most passionate supporters and I can't tell you how much you mean to our team. Running out of the tunnel on Saturday Night in Tiger Stadium is one the greatest feelings for a college athlete.

I wouldn't trade the sleepless nights studying for an exam or the early morning workouts during the summer for anything because they helped make me the 21-year old man that I am today. I want to thank everyone who had a part in contributing to my success here at LSU.
Last year at this time, I made a decision to stay in school for another year in hopes of winning a championship and getting my degree. Even though we came up short in winning a championship, getting a degree from LSU and growing as a person, both on and off the field, made the decision well worth it.

I will always bleed Purple and Gold and I will forever be a LSU Tiger!
Geaux Tigers,
#18 Tre'Davious White

:worthy:

White Pens Open Letter to LSU Fans - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

I'd like to see Jamal Adams write a similar letter next year. Lol

That's awesome! Who's the early favorite to wear 18 next season?

Awesome. Great kid and I will follow him in the NFL.

That's awesome! His attitude will carry him far in life. I'll pull for him no matter where he goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom