Trent Green as the backup? (1 Viewer)

Awesome. I would be all over Trent Green as a backup QB. Big upgrade.

Oh God no. Both him and Martin are ancient, but at least Martin can find his way home from the stadium on sunday nights...

I was thinking about this possibility just yesterday. If Green is willing to take backup money, I think that he would be a fantastic signing. I would much rather have Trent Green backing up Drew Brees than Jamie Martin.

Green is terrible. Man you guys get excited over nobodies. We can't lure a single free agent that is worth a darn. Nobody wants to play for this team and this city. Brees the obvious exception.

I was thinking about this possibility just yesterday. If Green is willing to take backup money, I think that he would be a fantastic signing. I would much rather have Trent Green backing up Drew Brees than Jamie Martin.

Yeah I was thinking Green might wait things out and try to get another shot as a starter. But if he's willing to accept a backup role this is a great move for both him and us.

Green is terrible. Man you guys get excited over nobodies. We can't lure a single free agent that is worth a darn. Nobody wants to play for this team and this city. Brees the obvious exception.

Green's pretty good. Egg shell for a head apparently, and that's a concern, but significantly less so if he's a backup. As a Quarterback though he's automatically one of the top backups in the NFL.

If he makes less than what we would have paid Martin it makes cents to me.

Trent Green is NOT terrible. He is a huge upgrade over Martin. He could potentially be a starter in some situations and would be a top notch backup for Brees. I do not understand you people talking about Green as terrible. Injury prone does not equal terrible, its even less important in a backup.

He's a good player, but he's fragile. I think if he had to start more than one game, we had best be prepared to go to our 3rd string.

Trent Green would be a great backup, and at the very least, good competition at the #2 QB spot (and preclude us from using a late round pick on a backup QB).

This Should make more sense to Green then anything else out there. Brees has been a very healthy player which translates to little playing time for green which translates to more time to heal for his head and then in his best case scenario, if Brees went down he would inherit one of the best Offenses in the league with one of the best pass protecting lines in football. All things I would seriously consider when looking for employment if I were in his shoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom