Trent Taylor -- La. Tech (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
I would be thrilled if the Saints get the chance to draft him.

He set the Armed Forces Bowl record for yards yesterday. He's a Lance Moore clone.

Taylor looked good against Navy, a team that gives up 40 points a game.

And we have our "Lance Moore clone".....we've had him for 2 years and he's awesome.

I'd take a flyer on Taylor as an UDFA.....and he might sign with us since we're the hometown team and have history of UDFA WRs making it to the league.

Trent Taylor is 5'8 and in an offense that spits out ridiculous statistical outputs. As far as prospects go at WR, I'd say there's at least a dozen I like more. And WR is the least needed position on this roster.

I know Trent and played football with him in high school. He was a baller then and he's become even more of a baller now. He's got ability that you just can't teach.

I would love to see him as a Saint, but something tells me a team up in New England will get him.

Taylor is a beast. If we didn't have Snead I'd say the Saints should pick him up. The Pats got a good look at him when he played UMass at Gillette Stadium this year. I think that's where he'll end up.

This guy will never even see the NFL.

If you can honestly say this then you've never seen him play.

He's not the biggest or the fastest guy, but he proved this season that he deserves a shot.

Someone will give him that shot and they'll never regret that decision.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 4-6 round range, particularly after the success some of the smaller WRs have had recently.

He screams of a NE type player they'd draft.

His ability to play on ST is a big plus that might get him drafted by a team in need of ST help.

Trent Taylor is 5'8 and in an offense that spits out ridiculous statistical outputs. As far as prospects go at WR, I'd say there's at least a dozen I like more. And WR is the least needed position on this roster.

Um, Sproles is 5'6 , Tommy Lee is 5'8,. and they are doing well. If you can play, size doesn't matter. Someone will grab him.

Um, Sproles is 5'6 , Tommy Lee is 5'8,. and they are doing well. If you can play, size doesn't matter. Someone will grab him.

Both are gadget players and both have better speed and lateral agility than Taylor. He's a good football player, but lack of measurables ALWAYS catches up to those type of players.

Thanks to Michael Thomas and Snead proving they belong, along with some contributions by Coleman and Lewis, I can agree that receiver is least of our worries. TE position can be improved on, along with RG and eventually RT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom