Trent Williams (1 Viewer)

Trent hasn’t been moved because he’s asking for too much money. Which alone could be worked out, but coupled with the fact that the Skins won’t take less than a 2nd for him..it’s a deal breaker. Teams are unwilling to both give up a high pick and pay him 20 million per which he wants.

They are the most dysfunctional organization in all of sports....they probably could have traded him last season for a 2nd...the longer they wait to do something the less value he has....they will screw this up just like they do multiple times....

That said, he has been injury prone and is likely past his prime and will be uber expensive. I have about as much interest as bringing him here as I do Dennis "Dirt" Winston or that other Winston.....

They are the most dysfunctional organization in all of sports....they probably could have traded him last season for a 2nd...the longer they wait to do something the less value he has....they will screw this up just like they do multiple times....

That said, he has been injury prone and is likely past his prime and will be uber expensive. I have about as much interest as bringing him here as I do Dennis "Dirt" Winston or that other Winston.....

I agree on both counts.

Trent Williams carries a SIGNIFICANT injury red flag. According to public record, he was diagnosed with a soft tissue lesion of his scalp that was suspected to be benign. He started getting headaches and was diagnosed with a cancerous process of the scalp. He underwent resection of the lesion and thereafter he had pain from the incision site and they have trouble with helmet fitting.

The Redskins sure seem to be very shady in this situation. It does not appear that they are at fault from the initial visit, but it does seem like he didn't have very good follow-up which delayed diagnosis. Then after the diagnose came down, they attempted to trade him but he couldn't pass a physical because of persistent scalp pain. So...he feels that their franchise and medical staff screwed him...which he is at least partially justified. And unfortunately for him, he is going to struggle getting a physical (because of Coronavirus) and therefore it will be incredibly difficult for him to be traded at this time sight unseen.

I'm just not for bringing that kind of drama onto this team. I know it's easy to say "well, Washington just sucks," but Williams is unlikely to not find something else to cause a stink about on his new team. We've seen this happen with players before.

He also wants way too much money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom