Trent Williams (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

With the injury history of Armstead, I’d inquire about this for sure. I know he has a high asking price, but I’m sure he isn’t going to get 20 mil and will have to settle for less. What y’all think?

Williams has a cap hit of 14.5 million for 2020. That seems like a lot. I'd love to have him though lol. If this was Madden I'd bring him in and just play him at Guard.

Ok I just went down the rabbit hole here as that’s my brother’s fave team.

Here’s the rub:
Trent’s agent is viewed as having given terrible advice and mismanaging this. He’s viewed as awkward and anti social around the league.

Trent hasn’t been moved because he’s asking for too much money. Which alone could be worked out, but coupled with the fact that the Skins won’t take less than a 2nd for him..it’s a deal breaker. Teams are unwilling to both give up a high pick and pay him 20 million per which he wants.

Ok I just went down the rabbit hole here as that’s my brother’s fave team.

Here’s the rub:
Trent’s agent is viewed as having given terrible advice and mismanaging this. He’s viewed as awkward and anti social around the league.

Trent hasn’t been moved because he’s asking for too much money. Which alone could be worked out, but coupled with the fact that the Skins won’t take less than a 2nd for him..it’s a deal breaker. Teams are unwilling to both give up a high pick and pay him 20 million per which he wants.
Makes a lot of sense because there is no denying his talent.

With the injury history of Armstead, I’d inquire about this for sure. I know he has a high asking price, but I’m sure he isn’t going to get 20 mil and will have to settle for less. What y’all think?

1st round pick will be the minimum price tag and the contract will be much higher than the current Saints team can realistically take on. Pass.

Not to mention that Washington are being extremely stubborn and don't really want to trade him. They'll probably wait a bit longer for him to reconsider.

1st round pick will be the minimum price tag and the contract will be much higher than the current Saints team can realistically take on. Pass.

Not to mention that Washington are being extremely stubborn and don't really want to trade him. They'll probably wait a bit longer for him to reconsider.

They will take a 2nd Tribune. But the teams willing to give that won’t also pay him the 20 mil per he wants.

Got it straight from my die hard Skin fam brother. It’s been reported and leaked that this is accurate by their best writers, who got it from team sources.
They have instructed his agent to tell Trent that he needs to come down off his ask to be moved. Also this latest was prompted by Dunbar whining and getting traded right after.

i don't think we'll be able to afford him. There is no denying his talent though.

We most definitely can’t afford him. He’s wanting 20 mil per. Or top of the tackle market which they perceive to be at or around 20 per.

They will take a 2nd Tribune. But the teams willing to give that won’t also pay him the 20 mil per he wants.

Got it straight from my die hard Skin fam brother. It’s been reported and leaked that this is accurate by their best writers, who got it from team sources.
They have instructed his agent to tell Trent that he needs to come down off his ask to be moved. Also this latest was prompted by Dunbar whining and getting traded right after.
Fair enough, I have no source for the 1st so I'm happy to admit it's just a guess on my part. Again I don't think they want to trade him, but there's a function here of the combination of Trent's desired salary and the compensation the Redskins want. I think there's enough stubbornness for this to drag on...

Fair enough, I have no source for the 1st so I'm happy to admit it's just a guess on my part. Again I don't think they want to trade him, but there's a function here of the combination of Trent's desired salary and the compensation the Redskins want. I think there's enough stubbornness for this to drag on...

From all I see, went to their beat writers...the team absolutely didn’t want to trade him but is willing as this is not a good look, and they’re already viewed poorly...so they dropped to the 2nd but the teams (reportedly Browns were one) interested will not pay what he wants AND give up a 2nd.

So either Trent comes down on his ask or the team accepts lower comp.

Team is saying they won’t do that. He is P'Oed as he saw Dunbar get out after whining, for a fifth. But he isn’t Dunbar and he isn’t that cheap.

Hearing that the team will make him miss the year at this point as Trent and his agent have zero leverage now. Reading also that the new CBA has a stiffer punishment on hold outs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom